Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/15/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Policy Administrator reports to the office of the Vice President of Administration. The Policy Director is the primary facilitator of the University’s administrative policy governance framework, including working collaboratively with policy owners and others to ensure the University’s administrative policies and procedures are effectively established, communicated, maintained, reviewed, and aligned with the University’s strategic goals, values and legal responsibilities.
Develop and enhance tools and processes used in policy initiation, development, review, and maintenance (website, policy library, templates, reports, etc.)
• Assist with the policy development process throughout the University system to achieve consistency, avoid duplication or conflicts among policies
• Establish an ongoing process for continuous improvement of University policy practices
• Educate the campus community on policy process and interpret policy process as needed
Policy Development and Review
• Collaborate with policy owners and other stakeholders in assessing policy needs
• Assist policy owners in drafting, revising and editing policies or procedures in conformance with University policy standards
• Manage the process for reviewing University administrative policies on a regularly determined recurring cycle, to ensure that the policies remain accurate, are currently effective, and remain aligned with the University’s broader objectives and obligations
• Track compliance with this review requirement and communicate status to the Policy Advisory Committee, Cabinet, and senior leadership.
Lead the Policy Advisory Committee (PAC)
Facilitate the PAC meetings where policy plans, policy recommendations and other related documents are reviewed for clarity and consistency.
Plan and prepare for the Cabinet, VP and Board meetings
Conduct policy orientation sessions with senior leaders and the campus community.
Communication and Advocacy Develop and disseminate timely and relevant information regarding new and amended policies to the broader University community (announcements for open policy feedback, quarterly Policy Post, etc.)
Serve as an advocate for University policy needs by participating in appropriate University committees or workgroups, consulting directly with various stakeholders, and working with the Policy Advisory Committee and policy owners to identify opportunities to improve the University’s policy practices
Other Duties as Assigned
Maintain the policy management infrastructure, processes, and communication protocols
Respond to inquiries from the campus community regarding the policy development and maintenance process
Assure compliance with policy development records retention schedule
Develop and maintain official college policies and procedures on the website in collaboration with ITS.
Promote policies and procedures functions in the college by providing customer service, training, and professional development.
Participate in Administration Branch action plan development and implementation.
Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in a field related to Communication, Business, Computer Information, Management, Analysis or similarly related work experience (two years of experience equals one year of education.)
• Work experience that includes writing, editing and proofreading documents.
• Minimum of three to five years working with policies and procedures or related administrative experience.
• at least three years of experience using a computer and Microsoft office Suite.
• Experience collaborating with all levels of employees.
• Ability to write, revise and edit clear, concise text for college publications.
• Knowledge of grammar, punctuation, usage; editorial styles and style guides.
• Ability to multi-task and work well under deadlines.
• Proficient level for Microsoft Office and ability to learn college-specific desktop applications.
• Experience providing customer service.
• Experience providing workshops, presentations or training to professional staff.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts, if applicable will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.