Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/1/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Physical Plant Supervisor (Reg FT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Administers operations of the campus physical plant division including the maintenance, repair, alteration, cleaning and operation of campus buildings, equipment and grounds to provide a clean, safe and comfortable work environment for students, faculty and staff.
Work location and additional information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than December 4, 2015. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Campus: South Campus
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
Associate's degree in related field and a minimum of four years experience; ten years of significant and relevant work experience may substitute. HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry and mechanical system experience and knowledge. Strong communication, organizational, leadership and decision making skills. Prior supervisory experience. Ability to prioritize. Working knowledge of cleaning methods/products, ADA, computer operations, local codes, regulations and ordinances. Requires good judgment, patience and decisiveness.
1. Directs the operation, maintenance and safeguarding of campus facilities, utilities, buildings and grounds.
2. Directs and supervises maintenance and housekeeping staff including scheduling and determining priorities.
3. Assists Facilities Management in planning, coordinating and supervising the performance phase of construction, capital improvement and maintenance repair projects.
4. Prepares and administers operating and capital budgets of physical plant operations.
5. Maintains and operates physical plant software programs including, but not limited to, preventative maintenance, energy management, housekeeping and facilities assessment.
6. Recruits campus maintenance and housekeeping personnel consistent with proper hiring practices, affirmative action plans and union agreements. Trains when necessary.
7. Monitors and evaluates performance of contractors who provide maintenance services for the campus.
8. Prepares sketches, cost estimates and descriptions for in-house repair or renovation projects; reads and interprets blueprints, engineering/architectural drawings and schematics.
9. Works with campus safety/security supervisors to plan, implement, monitor and enforce fire, safety and security regulations in compliance with applicable codes, regulations, laws and ordinances.
10. Maintains records and keeps current required permits, component warrantees, licenses and building guarantees and bonds as required.
11. Initiates, updates and distributes status reports relating to the physical plan activities, goals and accomplishments.
12. Monitors utility consumption and ensures efficient use of utilities.
13. Serves on campus and College committees as required.
14. Purchases or reviews materials purchases.
15. Develops contract specifications for the purchase of services.
16. Provides advice to Dean of Administration regarding future needs for campus facilities.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Category: Administrator
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Physical Plant
Job Open Date: 11-20-2015
Job Close Date:
All applicants must apply online at: . The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.