Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/1/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Employment Services Coordinator (Grant FT)
Community College of Allegheny County
To provide core workforce development services to both job seekers and employers. To provide job search assistance to career students, as required by the HPOG grant. Provides oversight of assigned areas of responsibility. Plans and implements systems that accomplish program objectives and fulfill the mission and goals efficiently and effectively. Create plans to meet productivity and quality goals. Plans, evaluates, and improves the efficiency of processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output.
Work location and additional information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than December 4, 2015. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
This is a grant funded full-time position with benefits. Continued employment is contingent on sufficient future funding.
Health Professions Opportunity: Pathway to Success in Healthcare (PSH) program will provide education and training in three healthcare tracks − Nursing, Emergency Medicine, and Medical Records/Health Information Technology (HIT) - that will pay well and are in high demand throughout the region. These pathways are designed as a career lattice that will allow program participants to enter, exit, and re-enter at each level outlined for each pathway. Students will be able to enter at various entry points, depending on their academic/developmental preparation and qualifications for the program. The PSH Program will enable students to successfully complete each training level by providing them with a package of wraparound services that could address multiple issues? academic, financial, and personal ? that can impede students from successfully completing college. CCAC will partner with the Three Rivers Workforce Investment Board (3RWIB), Pennsylvania CareerLink, Greater Pittsburgh Literacy Council (GPLC), Garfield Jubilee, Southwest PA Area Health Education Center (AHEC), Angels' Place, and Human Service Center Corporation-Mon Valley Providers, the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC), Allegheny Health Network (AHN), and Allegheny County EMS Council and local four-year universities to implement this program.
Campus: Boyce Campus
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
Bachelor's Degree and two years of experience in health care employment training. Job development experience strongly preferred. Experience working with diverse populations in low-income neighborhoods. Knowledge of the healthcare job market and employer contacts. Experience creating and sustaining relationships with employers. Must have strong written and oral communication skills and organizational skills. Provide services to students in the evening and on weekends as assigned.
1. Identify job opportunities, provide referrals for job interviews, and place participants in jobs.
2. Provide participants with employment support services as needed.
3. Assist students in developing an educational plan and strategies to improve student success.
4. Monitor student progress by utilizing available technology and tracking systems.
5. Work with Student Development staff to meet the social and human service needs of students.
6. Refer students to internal and outside programs for additional support services or for crisis intervention counseling and follow-up as needed.
7. Compile information on program services, activities, and students. Maintain accurate, organized, completed and detailed records and develop and maintain reports as required or assigned.
8. Identify and establish collaborative relationships with employers. Coordinate with departments and college staff on a regular basis as needed.
9. Research career and employment trends; cultivate prospective employees.
10. Assist in tracking program participation and results by maintaining data/records and generating reports as needed by the College and the Grant.
11. Provide assistance or make appropriate referrals for career counseling and academic advisement and provide job retention assistance.
12. Facilitate career services and workplace literacy workshops; participate in recruitment activities and employment events.
13. Provide services to employers such as job postings, opportunities to recruit, candidate referral, and space for interviewing.
14. Participate in the preparation and maintenance of reports necessary to carry out the functions of the area of responsibility.
15. Prepare periodic reports for the Program Manager and Program Director to track accomplishments.
16. Assist with internal and external correspondence and draft presentations.
17. Meet with students individually and in small groups
18. Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Job Category: Administrator
Job Type: Grant-funded Full-time
Department: Workforce Development
Job Open Date: 11-20-2015
Job Close Date:
All applicants must apply online at: . The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.