Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/4/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Saint Louis University, a Catholic, Jesuit institution dedicated to student learning, research, health care, and service, is seeking applicants for the Chair position in the Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, to begin in July 2016. As a dynamic and innovative leader, this individual will build upon the strengths of the Department’s broad array of programs and provide vision
and guidance for elevating academic excellence and growth. The Chair position is a full-time, 12-month appointment with tenure at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor.
The Department of Nutrition and Dietetics has an 80-year history and currently has undergraduate, graduate, certificate, and dietetic internship programs, with a total enrollment of 180 students. Education, research, and community service foci within the department include food innovation and entrepreneurship, culinary arts, sustainable food production, nutrition and physical performance, and public health. Facilities include a culinary laboratory, a food processing center, a department-run cafeteria, an exercise physiology laboratory, and a community garden. The department has 15 faculty and 8 staff members and is part of the Doisy College of Health Sciences, located on the University’s urban medical center campus. The University has Carnegie designations as “high research activity” and “community engagement” and currently enrolls more than 13,500 students in the graduate, professional, and undergraduate programs.
● Provide leadership and direction for all aspects of the Departmental functions.
● Guide the faculty and staff in developing a Department vision and strategic plan that aligns to the newly adopted strategic plans for the College and University.
● Work with the program directors and coordinators in the Department to ensure academic
excellence and sound operations of all research, teaching, service, and entrepreneurial activities.
● Promote the visibility and recognition of the Department within the University and in the local, national, and international communities.
● Fiscal oversight of departmental operations including a cafe, school lunch program, food
processing operation, and a shared use kitchen.
● Optimize the strengths of the faculty and staff by promoting development, building a strategic hiring plan, and providing constructive faculty performance evaluations
● Support and promote the Jesuit ideals as presented in the Mission Statement of the University. (http://www.slu.edu/mission-statement)
Qualified applicants must (a) have a PhD or equivalent degree in nutrition or a related discipline), (b) be a registered dietitian or have substantial training and experience in clinical dietetics, including oversight of dietetic internship programs, and © have a strong academic history in leadership, externally-funded research, teaching, and mentorship.
All applications must be made online at https://jobs.slu.edu. Interested candidates must complete the online application; submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and names and contact information for three references. For best consideration, applications should be received by February 1, 2015.
Saint Louis University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, and encourages nominations and applications of women and minorities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.