Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/1/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
San Juan College is seeking a proven, dynamic leader in education who shares our vision and is committed to our iCARE values to join our executive leadership team.
San Juan College is committed to serving the needs of our students through a process of continuous quality improvement. We uphold and affirm the following iCARE values:
Duties & Responsibilities: The vice president for learning serves San Juan College as an executive team member to the president and provides collaborative leadership for quality instruction. The vice president is the strategic leader for learning, responsible for the supervision of the deans for the six schools and the associate vice president for learning. As an executive team member, the vice president is responsible for architecting the academic plan and creating a learning strategy to help execute and ensure student success and the fulfillment of the college’s strategic plan.
• Primary responsibility for planning, development, implementation and evaluation of instructional programs, including the development and revision of curriculum
• Develops, implements and monitors a significant portion of the college budget; identifies and pursues alternate funding sources where appropriate
• Projects future staffing needs and makes recommendation to the president regarding the recruitment, hiring and evaluation of a diverse faculty and staff
• Evaluates existing programs and identifies, investigates, and recommends new instructional areas for development
• Coordinates projects responding to directives of the president including implementation and development of special programs and initiatives
• Ensures continued economic development by having a pulse on the community and by collaborating with business leaders to fulfill workforce development initiatives
• Formulates and interprets policies, procedures and objectives. Assures compliance with related program/state, federal rules, regulations and laws
Qualifications: A Master’s Degree from an accredited university in education/education administration or a related field is required.
• An earned doctorate with an emphasis in community college administration is highly desirable
• Work experience must include both instructional and administrative leadership within a comprehensive community college
• The successful candidate must have demonstrated leadership and management abilities in faculty workload assignment, human resource issues, strategic planning, and conflict resolution
• Proven ability to build and maintain strong internal and external relationships to further college goals; to shape future programs and build strong community alliances
• Must have superior written and oral communication skills
• The successful individual must have a thorough understanding of and commitment to the community college mission, vision and core iCARE values
• Must have demonstrated successful experience developing and maintaining working relationships with local, state and federal agencies, other colleges, school districts, community members, faculty, students and staff
• A successful record of innovative education and management practices and a willingness to assume risk
• Individual must have demonstrated concern for student needs and success
• Evidence of an understanding and use of technology in education and in an administrative setting
• A successful record of sensitivity to diversity issues and the ability to provide leadership in an institution where differences are valued
Starting Salary: Commensurate with education and experience. Special Instructions to Applicants ; Interested applicants are required to submit the following: Letter of intent discussing how the applicant meets the job qualifications; San Juan College application for employment, current resume, CV, copy of related certifications and transcripts of all academic work and four letters of recommendation. Top candidates will be contacted for an interview.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.