Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/18/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 968 - AFSCME - PT
Seasonal position stocking merchandise and books and cashiering for the Miami University Bookstore.
1) Operates cash register; receives money and makes change; counts register drawer and reconciles with shift balance.
2) Assists customers; locates materials; answers questions and provides information; special orders materials.
3) Maintains store in a neat and orderly manner; monitors shelves and rearranges as necessary; shelves and pulls merchandise; sets up displays.
4) May assist in receiving, tagging, and entering merchandise into computer system.
5) May assist in the ordering of materials.
6) May assist in reconciling balances or preparing and making deposits.
7) May assist in processing and recording charges and credits from various University entities.
Knowledge of bookstore operations; knowledge of cash register operation; ability to work well with individuals with diverse backgrounds. Physical effort usually requires considerable walking and standing with some lifting of materials weighing 25 to 50 pounds.
Requires a high school diploma or GED and six months of retail experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Sales and customer service experience is preferred.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.