Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/4/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The purpose of this position is to advance digital and web opportunities toward the achievement of the strategic goals and objectives of Marketing and Communications and the University. Under the direction of the web systems manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the technical and functional design, integration and optimization of the existing and future digital presence of the University. The web developer writes code, builds and implements new web layouts and applications; integrates new web layouts with back-end applications; and performs day-to-day fixes and updates in the University web content management system (WCMS). Use of a variety of Web development languages is required.
Working in collaboration with the web systems manager and web team, follows best practices and uses current web tools in the day-to-day maintenance of the University website toward the completion of assigned projects and the fulfillment of the university strategic planning goals.
Manage content on the University website using the web content management system (WCMS), Site Manager, developing and updating pages, micro-sites, site navigation and page layouts in alignment with the University’s design and identity standards.
Conduct research and maintain currency on emerging Web best practices, technologies and issues in support of web development efforts.
Develop, code, install, test, debug, by using current development tools and frameworks including Bower, Bootstrap, AngularJS, and Node.js.
Document changes on web applications and templates by using Github, and/or Bitbucket.
Identify and recommend new features and applications for the Web.
Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with existing web applications and sites.
Perform periodic Web site audits.
Work to ensure deadlines are met; communicate any adjustment to production schedule to the web services manager, including deliverable date, as a result of missed deadlines.
Ensure web development assignments and instructions are followed and completed in a timely manner. Participate in project status and staff meetings and be prepared to report on project status.
Participate in setting organizational web development strategy.
Work collaboratively with the web team and the Integrated Marketing and Communications team as a whole.
Communicate critical information to web systems manager in a timely manner. Keep the flow of information open, honest and transparent.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer information systems or related field.
• Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated professional Web development experience;
• Demonstrated experience working with version control using Git or Mercurial;
• Demonstrated experience in the use of web frameworks, including: Bower, Bootstrap, AngularJS, and Node.js.
• 3 years of experience working with content management systems, such as Drupal, WordPress, Joomla or Site Manager;
• Experience working with Linux server administration and maintenance;
• Experience in resolution of cross-browser compatibility issues, including usability and browser testing of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Safari browsers;
• Experience developing responsive design frameworks;
• Experience with graphic design tools including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign in the creation of new art and content as well as re-purposing and optimizing existing content for Web.
• Writing and/or editing content for the Web;
• HTML5 canvas and scripting;
• Web programming languages such as PHP, Ruby on Rails, Java, and frameworks including Ember, Yeoman, and D3;
• Working with relational databases like MySQL, and Oracle;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, product-focused team environment involving technical and non-technical individuals;
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle multiple projects on an ongoing basis while managing changing priorities and paying keen attention to detail;
• Ability to align, develop and execute projects in an organized and timely manner.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system at www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.