Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/9/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Evergreen Valley College
Reporting to the College President, the Vice President of Administrative Services oversees the daily operations of the financial, plant, and information technology functions of the College.
1. Advise the President on college business issues and the fiscal impact of policy options. Provide financial analysis, long-range financial projections and long-term planning to assist the administration in making sound fiscal decisions. Recommend fiscal procedures for efficient allocation of resources for all college operations.
2. Directs the Supervisors of Business Services and Campus Technology Support Services, enabling them to effectively carry out their respective roles; oversees the program review of these departments.
3. Selects, trains, supervises and evaluates program managers and other staff; coordinates the work of Administrative Services with other major college divisions and District Administrative Services.
4. Responsible for timely and accurate preparation, submission and administration of the college budget. Coordinates the college budget planning process including the distribution of materials and information regarding budget preparation for all college programs and sources of funding. Oversee, administer and coordinate all expenditures within the college budget.
5. In concert with department managers and supervisors, controls and directs the classification of all college expenditures; monitors all purchases and contracts for compliance with funding requirements and state and federal laws governing the use of public funds.
6. Serves as a liaison to various district services including accounting budgeting, payroll, purchasing, human resources, maintenance, custodial, information services, police services, risk management and insurance.
7. Provides for short-term problem-solving and long-range facilities planning; communicates with appropriate custodial and maintenance managers regarding the priorities and needs of the college; participates in related committees.
8. Researches and analyzes information/data; prepares or supervises the preparation of a variety of College, State, and Federal reports; makes presentations.
9. Develops, negotiates and authorizes contracts and agreements.
10. Acts as college liaison for contracts affecting the college such as Food Services, and administers contracts as appropriate.
11. Attends Board of Trustees meetings; prepares agenda materials and reports.
12. In coordination with the Vice Chancellor for Administrative Services represents the college to appropriate local, regional, and state agencies and organizations such as the Chancellor's Office, the Chief Business Officers Organization, and related task forces.
13. Ensures college compliance with all applicable statues, regulations, and district accounting, purchasing, payroll and fiscal reporting policies and procedures.
14. Reviews related legislation, code, policies, and procedures; apprises others of pending or needed changes to current practice; recommends the development of or revision to district policies and procedures.
15. Performs other related duties as assigned by President.
1. Educational institution operations, business and administrative practices; educational and governmental accounting and audit standards and practices.
2. Complex information systems.
3. Federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to public higher education.
4. Federal and state labor laws.
5. Business management, leadership, supervision.
6. Technology/Computing; Commonly used software and communication mediums.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Effectively communicate critical budgetary issues to the President, leadership groups, the college, and the general community.
2. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including writing complex proposals and producing written market-oriented material.
3. Demonstrated ability to effect innovative solutions to management and operational issues.
4. Ability to analyze a wide variety of technical, business, and fiscal issues.
5. Skills to organize, direct, oversee, and lead complex operations.
6. Ability to manage time effectively, resolve conflicts and organize work.
7. Proficiency in the use of standard word processing, spreadsheet and communication software.
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse faculty consisting of 14% Hispanic/Latino, 22 % Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 1% American Indian/Native American, 52% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, language, accent, immigration status, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and physical or mental disability consistent with applicable federal and state laws.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.