Detailed Job Description
Bentley University is looking for a Content Marketing Associate to join our content team. He/She will be responsible for writing/editing creative blogs and articles to support the University's overall marketing and communications strategy and brand presence, as well as its recruitment and enrollment goals in the higher education marketplace. The Associate uses content management systems and analytics tools to help identify current marketing trends to support Bentley's marketing program. The Content Marketing Associate will constantly think up new ideas and enjoy working quickly and efficiently. He/she will report to and work closely with the Publisher to grow Bentley's content marketing program.
Additional Description of Duties:
- Craft frequent original website articles/blog posts per week about news and activities on campus and broader topics that support multiple audiences and our personas (prospective/current students, families, faculty, alumni, larger external media/thought leaders, etc.).
-Produce premium content (ie, e-books) to capture leads for undergraduate and graduate admissions.
- Assist with editing articles created by freelance writers and content agencies using Bentley style standards.
- Review current website content and update/repurpose, as needed.
- Manage undergraduate student bloggers, assigning topics and editing posts.
- Upload articles to website, including filling in metadata.
- Work with the Social Media Manager to promote articles.
- Track and report on content analytics.
- Maintain the editorial calendar for the department.
- Create HubSpot campaigns and emails.
- Assist with identifying and building external communities, audiences and influencer relationships to grow content.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication, English (or a closely related field), and two to three years of editorial experience.
- Proven research, writing, editing, interviewing, and proofreading skills. Experience creating short-form video content is helpful.
- Experience writing for higher education or college-aged audiences is useful, but not essential.
- Proven record of creative content development and the ability to generate new story ideas, and to work quickly and efficiently.
- Experience working with freelance writers.
- Familiarity with content management systems, such as WordPress and Drupal.
- Familiarity with Google Drive, HubSpot and SEO/social media tools is essential.
-Familiarity with analytics tools to analyze, monitor and report on the effectiveness of content.
- Understanding of the latest content marketing and digital trends, and the day-to-day application of rapidly changing content marketing environment.
Special Instructions to Applicants
In the "Other Document" tab, please provide links to your blog/website (if you have one) and Twitter/LinkedIn profiles, and provide links to or upload professional writing samples/clips.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.