Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/16/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 2021 - SATSS - FT
Performs a variety of administrative and clerical tasks in support of university news and communications office.
Assists users of department’s services by providing information regarding procedures and connecting them to resources.
1. Performs various financial and budgetary tasks including processing payments, ordering supplies and helping to monitor budgets.
2. Reviews and enters into the website content management system, media article summaries about Miami for use in the electronic newsletter prepared and distributed by university news and
3. Prepare various written materials including correspondence, informational emails.
4. Distributes news releases and news pitches to media via email.
5. Supervises students in electronic filing of news releases. Will begin tracking files.
6. Will begin supervising overall student work.
7. Primary telephone responder. Updates departmental phone message.
8. Distributes mail.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics:
Knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment; knowledge of computers and office applications; some knowledge of administrative procedures which may include budgeting, research, preparing fiscal and other reports; supervisory skills; research skills.
Periodic assignments given which entail dealing with modestly unpleasant physical situations such as near continuous use of computer. Near continuous use of computer, occasional light lifting, walking to meetings. Good oral and written communications, awareness of office procedures and equipment, experience with Microsoft Word, ability to read spreadsheets, facility with desktop computing and email, familiarity with web templates and online services such as Buyway. Must enjoy communicating with the public and working in a team.
Requires six months of coursework or training beyond high school in Business Administration and three years of office experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience with web templates, familiarity with news and communication functions.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.