Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/10/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The ECHS Counselor will develop and implement a school guidance program focused on the physical, social, intellectual, emotional, and vocational growth of each student. The counselor will be responsible for the Competencies for New Mexico School Counselors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. The counselor will develop and implement a comprehensive school level guidance program based on the American School Counseling Association National Standards and focused on the physical, social, intellectual, emotional and vocational growth of each student
2. The counselor will coordinate activities in the guidance and counseling program
3. The counselor will provide information and facilitate guidance activities for students, staff and parents
4. The counselor wills serve as a consultant to the school and community
5. The counselor will provide individual and group counseling by
6. The counselor will uphold the standards of the counseling profession
7. The counselor will assist all students in both High School Course selections towards Graduation and College course selections towards AA Degree.
8. The counselor will serve as the registrar and have knowledge of the duties of a School Registrar.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Will work closely with San Juan College Registrar and Dual Credit Departments
• Will assist students with registration
• Determine guidance priorities based on local assessed needs
• Formulate measurable objectives from identified needs and priorities
• Coordinate a continuing evaluation of the program
• Coordinate with the appropriate administration for achievement
• Work with other staff members to encourage the inclusion of a student-oriented philosophy in all school activities
• Help to integrate the guidance and counseling program within the total school program
• Communicate with parents and community about services available within the guidance and counseling program
• Establish and maintain contact with school and community resources
• Assist others in their understanding of personal and social development
• Serve as a resource to facilitate groups and presentations on pertinent issues
• Provide prevention strategies that address current issues such as chemical dependency, teenage pregnancy, suicide, dropping out, and various forms of abuse.
• Conduct activities on education and career themes
• Conduct orientation/training programs for students, parents and staff
• Interpret test results to students, parents and staff
• Provide mediation for changes in behavior and conflict resolution
• Support the staff with assistance in developing positive rapport with students to maximize learning potential
• Assist teachers in identifying students who would benefit from counseling and provide feedback on referred students as appropriate
• Work Closely with ECHS College
• Provide information to parents and students to aid in their understanding of educational goals
• Provide resource materials and expertise dealing with issues affecting students, staff and family
• Provide crisis intervention
• Use appropriate interventions in situations detrimental to the physical, mental, educational and emotional well-being of the individual
• Provide support to individuals by addressing topics such as interpersonal relations, communication, decision-making, problem solving skills, academic programs, and career, and life planning
• Make referrals to school and community resources when necessary
• Meet the state competency standards and the requirements for preparation
• Participate in the development of policies concerning guidance and counseling
• Stay informed about developments and innovations within the profession at the local, state and national levels
• Follow the legal and ethical standards of the counseling profession
• Responsible for supervising extracurricular activities as designated by the principal
• Determine schedules
• Provide information on colleges, technical programs, military jobs and other programs for graduate planning
• Write recommendations for students for job and education applications
• Participate in school teams/committees
• Support district initiatives
• Accept other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the principal
This position is funded through Farmington Municipal Schools and is managed by the Early College High School Principal Don Lorett.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.