Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/11/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Fox Valley Technical College
Dean - Health Division
Job Requisition Number:
Appleton Main Campus
Hours Per Week:
Basic Functions and Responsibilities:
Provides leadership and manages division operations and instructional programming of the Health Division throughout the Fox Valley Technical College District in alignment with the vision, mission, values, and purposes of the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Lead planning, budgeting, and resource allocation efforts.
-Provide leadership, with the involvement of staff, to division level strategic planning.
-Lead and conduct annual operational planning (prioritization, implementation, and evaluation) in areas such as facilities, computer technology, equipment, etc.
-Develop, manage, and monitor overall division budget, ensuring proper and well-planned resource allocation to maintain appropriate learning environments.
-Monitor overall cost recovery levels for contracting centers, recommending adjustments as needed.
-Provide leadership and manage the operation of campus sites.
-Work collaboratively with other units as necessary for facilities, computer technology and equipment support.
2. Manage, direct, support, and evaluate the work of staff.
-Interview, hire, or effectively recommend new employee hires and staffing levels.
-Assign, direct, check and evaluate work of employees and conduct performance reviews.
-Review employee complaints and effectively recommend adjustments of grievances or disciplinary reprimands for employees.
-Promote professional development by working with faculty and staff to establish and implement plans and related activities, using appropriate resources.
-Review and direct faculty and staff work assignments and schedules.
3. Direct the curriculum of the division.
-Direct and supervise associate degree and technical diploma programs and courses, certificate level programming, and all forms of continuing education, ensuring viable, relevant programming and well-documented curriculum.
-Support program evaluation through the Quality Review Process (QRP) and accreditation processes, as applicable.
-Lead in the investigation, development, and implementation of new program offerings in response to community needs.
-Ensure that instructional activities conform to state and district policies.
-Actively lead and support educational services provided as contract training and technical assistance to business and industry.
-Actively lead and support student academic assessment strategies, ensuring that student learning is assessed and documented.
-Broaden the exposure to the international marketplace through efforts to internationalize the curriculum and provide support for student and faculty exchanges.
4. Ensure that division productivity and improvement goals are met.
-Continuously monitor division productivity utilizing key indicators such as FTE production, numbers served, contract services revenue and cost recovery, faculty workloads, class sizes, program inquiries and applications, graduate and placement data (monitor by overall division, by instructional areas, and by region).
-Conduct annual review of all degree and diploma programs based on Quality Review Process (QRP) scorecards.
-Direct necessary adjustments in staff effort, assignment priorities, resources, and collaboration with other departments of the college to meet productivity goals and outcomes.
-Ensure that continuous improvement efforts are implemented in the division through well-managed and well-documented projects.
-Develop, monitor, and use balanced scorecard measures at the division level.
Secondary Job Functions:
1. Ensure the effective utilization of program advisory committees.
2. Develop program transfer agreements with four-year colleges and universities and/or appropriate shared programs with other technical colleges.
3. Implement and support academic advising of program students.
4. Address student issues as appropriate.
5. Collaborate with other divisions of the college and other technical colleges to effectively utilize resources.
6. Develop and maintain community linkages appropriate to the role of dean.
7. Participate on institutional committees, projects, task forces, etc., as appropriate.
8. Enlist the on-going input of employers and students through advisory committees, professional organizations, evaluation processes, and other community contacts.
Qualifications, Training, and Experience:
1. Master's Degree in related field or educational administration (doctorate desirable).
2. Five years of occupational experience outside the field of education is required.
3. Three years of managerial/supervisory experience is required.
4. Two years of teaching experience is required, preferably at the community/technical college level.
5. Meet Wisconsin Technical College certification requirements.
Essential Aptitudes, Skills and Knowledge:
1. Ability to work effectively with administrators, faculty, support staff, students, employers,
and business/community representatives.
2. Experience in curriculum development, with emphasis on competency-based instruction.
3. Commitment to student learning and student success.
4. Demonstrated success record in team-based operations and management.
5. Experience in community-based educational needs assessment and programming.
6. Experience in planning and implementing a variety of learning options through alternative forms of delivery.
7. Experience in the development and delivery of customized training programs for business clients.
8. Commitment to customer service and continuous improvement.
Based on Hours Worked
Health and Dental Insurance
Term Life Insurance
Paid Holidays and Vacation
Long Term Disability Insurance
Accumulated Sick Leave
Additional Benefits Include:
Deferred Income Compensation Plan
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Wellness/Fitness Program (Appleton Campus)
On-Site Child Care Facility (Appleton Campus)
Special Instructions to Applicants:
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications, training and experience.
POSITION START DATE: January 2013
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/304205
This position requires you to submit your transcripts. You can submit by either mail, email, or fax to:
Attn: Human Resource Services
Fox Valley Technical College
PO Box 2277
Appleton, WI 54912
Position will be posted for a minimum of five days and will remain open until the needs of the position are met.
We regard diversity in the workforce as a competitive advantage and strongly support its presence in our educational environment. AA/EEO Notification of Compliance
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.