Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/24/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The associate registrar is responsible for the supervision and operations of the Records Unit in the Office of the Registrar. The unit consist of registration, including special registration (e.g. interinstitutional, internships, auditing courses, credit by department, pass fail, etc.), enrollment verification, grades, tuition classification, maintaining and releasing academic records, and administrative withdrawal. The position is responsible for hiring, training, providing guidance, vision, leadership, and structure for the daily operations of the unit. The position demonstrates effective management skills that promote work quality and production through others and will provide employee growth and development while promoting exceptional levels of employee morale to achieve high performance goals, individually and as a team. The position promotes services and supports opportunities; maintains and enhances professional expertise by networking, training, and building internal and external relationships. Position is also responsible for training and developing faculty and staff as institutional, federal or state regulations, business processes, and technological changes are applied. Position is expected to assess business practices, provide accurate and efficient services to students, and strive for continuous quality improvement. This position is project lead on training office staff on customer service and other motivational areas to create highest level of customer service and to promote a strong team environment. This also includes cross-training between office staff and other Enrollment Services departments to prevent student issues and complaints. This position also oversees coordinating publications related to the Office of the Registrar (e.g. web-site, digital signage, University catalog, etc.) ensuring the information shown is consistent across all constituent channels. The position assists the Registrar with the overall management and planning of the office. This position requires highly developed negotiating and problem solving skills, as well as a cooperative and professional manner in the frequent interactions with internal and external constituents. Each aspect of this position involves deadlines which must be met, time constraints, and adherence to university and state governmental regulations. While meeting these deadlines, it is imperative that the position and direct staff members treat constituents with courtesy so that they are left with a favorable impression of the Office of the Registrar and of MSU Denver.
40% – Manages and supervises the service operations for the records and registration unit, which includes special registration (e.g. interinstitutional, internships, auditing courses, credit by department, pass fail, etc.), enrollment verification, grades, tuition classification, maintaining and releasing academic records, and administrative withdrawal. Leads, supervises, and trains records and registration staff and provides direction for and oversees all activities and functions of this unit. Develops performance plans for team and conducts performance evaluations.
35% – Regularly assesses business practices, provides accurate and efficient services to students, and strives for continuous quality improvement
• Participates in the development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, objectives, short-and-long-range planning
• Regularly reviews, develops, and improve department policies and procedures and documents them in a standard format for the unit.
10% – Provides professional development training to the office staff (e.g. customer service, motivational workshops, teambuilding, best practices, etc).
• Develops and provides FERPA training and tools to faculty, staff and student employees.
10% – Modifies and maintains the content and design of the records and registration website
• Maintains all office publications
5% – Represents the Registrar on official university committees as required
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelors Degree
• A minimum of two years’ work experience in Higher Education.
• Demonstrated experience working both independently and collaboratively on a team.
• One year experience supervising and conducting performance management over staff.
• Experience and knowledge working in compliance with rules of confidentiality and FERPA.
• Two years of experience providing customer service in a professional environment.
• Experience working with diverse populations.
• Must possess error free written communication skills.
• Masters Degree
• Three years working in a high volume, multi-faceted work environment.
• Experience using Banner student information system or related system.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the registration and records processes in Higher Education.
• Experience creating and implementing training and/or workshops.
• Experience or ability to learn to manage and update department website.
• Excellent oral communication skills.
• Knowledge of state, federal, and institutional policies in higher education.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to solve problems creatively.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
IMPORTANT: in order to be considered as applicant YOU MUST FILL OUT THE APPLICATION AT https://www.msudenverjobs.com. Official Transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
Please note: References refers to a list of names and contact information for three professional references.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.