Detailed Job Description
The primary responsibilities of the faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. To meet these responsibilities, faculty must remain knowledgeable about advances in their disciplines, in learning theory, and in pedagogy. Faculty portfolios will include contributions and program development and show evidence of ongoing professional development.
1. The primary responsibilities of faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. Prepare and provide students with course outlines that support learning objectives set forth in the course syllabus. Develop and measure learning outcomes. Assess student performance and maintain grade records.
2. Create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods.
3. Collaborate in the development and continued assessment of learning outcomes for use in program reviews and curriculum revision.
4. Work with other program and/or discipline faculty to complete scheduled program reviews and to use the findings to revise the curriculum.
5. Participate in appropriate professional development activities to assure currency in both discipline, knowledge and instructional methods.
6. Participate in department/discipline, division, campus, and college meetings and committees.
7. Participate in college projects, surveys, studies, and reports that relate to the discipline or program.
8. Collaborate in the development of program and/or discipline promotional materials.
9. Maintain five office hours each week.
10. Support the college's goals.
11. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Associate Degree in Anesthesiology Technology, currently Certified Anesthesia Technician by the American Society of Anesthesia Technologists & Technicians (ASATT) and current membership in ASATT. Minimum of five years of full-time experience as an Anesthesia Technologist. Must be knowledgeable about methods of instruction, testing and assessment of students and knowledgeable concerning national curricula, national accreditation and national certification. Must have personal transportation and be willing to travel to clinical sites.
Applicants for teaching assignments are expected to have strong communication skills. Applicants are expected to have post-secondary teaching experiences; work experiences in the discipline to be taught; and knowledge of industry-related software and systems, including industry certifications, where appropriate. Degrees must be from an accredited institution.
Applicants must electronically attach scanable unofficial transcripts when applying to this posting.
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than November 16, 2015. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
This is a temporary full-time 10 month instructor-level position with benefits.
Continued employment is contingent on sufficient future funding.
Anticipated start date of this position is December 1, 2015.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The Community College of Allegheny County (CCAC) and its Board of Trustees are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in education and employment for all. College conforms to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations relating to equal employment. The College CCAC does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry or place of birth, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, use of a guide or support animal due to disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, veteran status, or age or use of a guide or support animal because of blindness, deafness or physical disability of any individual. Creating, supporting and sustaining a diverse community prepare our students to be effective in the world outside of CCAC.
The College also prohibits and will not engage in retaliation against any person who in good faith reports a violation of this policy, makes a claim of discrimination or harassment, provides information in an investigation of a potential violation of this policy, or otherwise engages in protected activity under the law. Questions may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
College conforms to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations relating to equal employment.