Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/8/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Department of Biology at Utah State University (USU) invites applications for a 12?month tenure?track Director of Nursing position at the Assistant Professor level (60% teaching, 30% Leadership, and 10% service) at the USU?Uintah Basin Campus located in Vernal, Utah.
The DN has the responsibility to oversee and manage the wide range of day?to?day teaching and administrative activities for the Nursing Program at USU?Uintah Basin. The DN is expected to provide exemplary leadership and to participate in scholarly endeavors and other responsibilities of faculty in a changing and increasingly complex academic setting.
The Nursing Program is organized under the Associate Vice Provost for Nursing Programs (AVP), whose primary office is at the Utah State University ? Logan Campus. The AVP supervises the Directors of Nursing at the regional campuses in partnership with campus administrators and the Head of the Department of Biology. The DN at each campus is responsible directly to the AVP. The DN provides input regarding general policies, curriculum, and development of the Nursing Program.
The position of DN carries dual responsibilities for teaching and administration. Teaching will be at the undergraduate level and is based on the expertise of the individual. The DN has the responsibility to contribute as a member of the faculty of the Department of Biology. The precise assignments within the domain of responsibility are determined annually by the AVP and Department Head in partnership with the USU Uintah Basin Dean and Executive Director, and will be a combination of instruction, outreach and professional service. The DN is responsible for managing the administrative operations of the nursing program at the USU Uintah Basin campus. The DN must direct the affairs of their nursing program consistent with policies of the department, college, and university. The DN is responsible for compliance of the USU Uintah Basin campus with state and federal nursing accreditation standards. The DN also is responsible for promoting internal and external recognition of the instructional and outreach activities of the Nursing Program.
In addition to premedical, pre-dental, and pre-health professional programs, the Department of Biology offers programs leading to a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree, as well as Master’s and Ph. D. programs in Biology and Ecology. The USU Program of Nursing is administered within the Department of Biology.
Utah State University is a Research I (Extensive Doctoral) land?grant institution with a student body of over 28,000. With 42 departments, 8 academic colleges, a school of Graduate Studies, and diverse research programs, the main campus of USU is located in Logan, 85 miles north of Salt Lake City, and surrounded by the Wasatch Range of the Rocky Mountains. USU Regional campuses are located in Brigham City, Tooele, and the Uintah Basin. The USU?College of Eastern Utah (located in Price and Blanding) has recently joined the USU multi-campus system.
USU Uintah Basin is the oldest regional campus of USU, and has offered educational programs since 1968. It offers 24 Bachelor’s programs, 600 adult students, 25 faculty members, and beautiful educational facilities. It is located in Vernal and Roosevelt, in eastern Utah in the foothills of the Uinta Mountains, which offer spectacular scenery, exciting outdoor recreational opportunities, and the famous Dinosaur National Monument.
In general the responsibilities include:
1. Teach undergraduate courses in the nursing program.
2. Assist the AVP in recruitment of faculty; evaluating student applicants, assigning teaching responsibilities and scheduling classes; orienting new faculty and planning for faculty development; evaluating faculty; and the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs and curriculum.
3. Gather student tracking data, assessments, and other instruments needed for compliance with state and federal nursing accreditation standards. Model teaching practices and implement curriculum changes that reflect best practices in the field.
4. Recommend adjunct faculty for the program.
5. Facilitate professional development of faculty and plan orientation with full?time faculty each semester.
6. Assist faculty with academic advisement questions at undergraduate level.
7. Resolve student issues.
8. Supervise the support staff.
9. Provide input and budget requests for instructional and clinical resources.
10. Manage the budget of the nursing program at USU Uintah Basin and provide input into the overall budget for Nursing Program.
11. Represent the program in the community and at professional meetings.
12. Represent the AVP, as appropriate.
13. Actively participate in the program’s Administrative Leadership Council (ALC).
14. Provide input for the program’s student handbook, faculty manual, brochures, policy and procedures, etc.
15. Fulfill other functions as needed to assure the smooth functioning of the nursing faculty and staff on their respective campus.
16. Communicate with campus administrators through meetings, briefings and written reports.
A doctoral degree in nursing with a minimum of three years of higher education/nursing education experience is required. Two years of administrative experience is recommended, but not required. Additional requirements included: Eligibility for Nursing License in Utah; Record of leadership in nursing; Knowledge of current trends and issues in health care and professional nursing; and a record of teaching, scholarship, service, and educational leadership.
Position Close Date Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with experience and excellent benefits
See http://jobs.usu.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=58122 for more information and to apply online.
Requisition Number 053544
Employment in this position is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Utah State University is an AA/EO Employer and encourages gender and ethnic diversity.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/qymr85w
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.