Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/8/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Reporting to the Vice President for Student Affairs, the Director of Health Services is responsible for leadership of the College’s student health center and is central to fulfillment of the mission statement. The Director is accountable for developing and sustaining an environment that supports excellence in clinical practice and care of students. The Director is accountable for supervising the five professional staff that meet with and provide health related services to Stonehill College students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides direct outpatient care to students.
• Refers patients, as appropriate, to local specialists and/or facilities, and addresses any follow-up as determined.
• Assesses and provides education and outreach to students so that they understand the importance of a healthy lifestyle and disease prevention.
• Supervises health services staff and provides ongoing mentorship and support for professional development needs
• Evaluates and develops clear vision and future needs of health center, including implementation of electronic records
• Collaborates in the development and revision of departmental policies, procedures, and protocols
• Collaboratively works with members of Student Affairs division regarding patient education, including promotion of mental and physical health.
• Develops and manages departmental budget.
• Provides direct patient care services. Assesses, plans, and documents patient needs and treatment plan. Ensures appropriate follow-up.
• Designs a plan of care based on assessment of physical, emotional, and social needs and in collaboration with the patient.
• Reviews patient charts and ensures appropriate treatment plans are developed and implemented.
• Incorporates ACHA standards and recommendations into the service as appropriate.
• Demonstrates sensitivity and responds appropriately to verbal and non-verbal communication of patients, families and co-workers.
• Maintains patients rights to privacy, assuring dignity in the provision of care and is discreet in all communications, written and oral, about patient's care.
• Possesses the ability to act independently and make decisions utilizing sound judgment.
• Visualizes and anticipates new challenges and collaborates in a problem-solving process.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of five years related clinical experience and training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.