Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/30/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 1987 - AFSCME - FT
Performs a variety of moderately complex technical and custodial tasks related to maintaining the University's buildings, facilities, and grounds.
1) Assigns tasks to employees and monitors activities to ensure compliance with appropriate standards and that deadlines are met.
2) Trains student employees regarding policies and procedures, job duties and use of equipment.
3) Ensures that work area is clean and ready for use; ensures that all necessary supplies and materials are available.
4) Monitors inventory and reorders as necessary.
5) Assists in enforcing rules and regulations; may provide input for employee evaluations.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics:
Knowledge of equipment operation and maintenance. Knowledge of departmental operations; training and motivational skills.
Frequent standing, walking, and operating equipment. Some lifting of materials weighing up to 70 pounds. Periodic assignments given which entail dealing with slightly unpleasant physical situations.
Requires six months of training beyond high school and one year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires valid driver's license.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.