Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/30/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 1982 - SATSS - PT
Performs a variety of clerical and administrative services related to overseeing the operations of a retail unit that is part of a larger facility.
This is a part-time position, typically involving nights and weekends, 4-5 hours per shift. MacCracken Market is a multi-million dollar sales operation, with the majority of business Thursday – Sunday evenings. The operation is staffed with a full-time general manager, along with student managers and student employees.
1) Oversees and conducts retail activities; maintains and/or rotates stock; ensures facility is stocked and ready for operation.
2) Oversees financial operations; reconciles daily deposits; ensures deposit and financial reports are accurate.
3) Oversees staff; establishes schedules and assigns tasks; assists in enforcing rules and regulations; monitors performance; serves as informational resource.
4) Reprograms cash register regarding prices and UPC's as needed.
5) Assists with marketing operations which may include developing and distributing brochures and scheduling or preparing bulk mailings.
6) Gathers and analyzes information regarding activities; produces reports.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics:
Knowledge of retail operations; knowledge of computer and office applications; supervisory skills; knowledge of cash handling procedures.
Physical effort usually requires considerable walking and standing, and may require some lifting of materials weighing 25 to 50 pounds. Periodic assignments given which entail dealing with unpleasant physical situations.
Requires six months of coursework or training beyond high school in Business Administration and three years retail experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.