Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/26/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
• Creates alumni advisory board and recruits active leaders from each Cohort to participate
• Schedules/coordinates initial & quarterly meetings
• Creates & distributes email survey to determine alumni interests & opportunities
• Schedules & facilitates a minimum of the following events on a bi-monthly basis: LinkedIn Social Media Clinic (January), Social networking event at Happy Dog (March), Financial Clinic (May), Summer Social Networking at Buckin’ Ohio (July), Alumni Business Expo (September), and Delegation Clinic (November)
• Accepts, organizes, and tracks registrations for alumni events using Constant Contact registration system
• Facilitates alumni collaboration with Cohorts and recommends guest speakers and program ideas
• Develops formalized referral program
• Attends regular Women Owned Business Organizations (NAWBO, Bad Girl Ventures) events and posts special events on their website
• Attends Orientation, Graduation, other Modules, and individual Cohort meetings (outside of 10KSB Alumni events) as appropriate to build relationships with scholars
• Schedules and coordinates a minimum of one-two “Glimpse Inside 10,000 Small Businesses” event(s) per outreach cycle, two additional information session events at various campuses per recruitment cycle, and one web-based Information Session via Go-To-Meeting or other provider
• Publicizes outreach events in media outlets such as CBC Magazine, Inside Business, Crain’s Cleveland, etc.
• Develops consistent social media marketing strategy to increase brand awareness, communicate with target audience/alumni/stakeholders, increase participation in recruitment events (Info Sessions, Glimpse), and increase the number of applicants
• Provides monthly reporting of Twitter/LinkedIn account statistics
• Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/TRAINING
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field and/or a minimum of five years of demonstrated business marketing/outreach experience
• Demonstrated experience assisting with the planning of a business area’s budget
• Demonstrated experience making sound decisions that affect a work unit or team
• Demonstrated effectiveness in a role requiring dynamic and abstract problem solving methods in adaptive situations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Possesses working knowledge of marketing & social media concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use in varied situations as it pertains to the departmental focus
• Possesses strong commitment to providing excellent customer service
• Ability to work effectively in a dynamic and changing work environment requiring flexibility and teamwork
• Demonstrated ability to manage relationships, create opportunities and solve problems
• Possesses strong organizational, time-management skills, and is results-oriented
• Possesses excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Works accurately with great attention to detail
• Ability to effectively complete work assignments independently
• Demonstrated intermediate Project Management skills
• Demonstrated basic Ad Astra skills (or equivalent program)
• Demonstrated basic Blackboard skills (or equivalent program)
• Demonstrated basic Banner System skills (or equivalent program)
• Demonstrated advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Access
• Demonstrated intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
• Ability to confidentially and discreetly handle subject matters requiring privacy and sensitivity
• Ability to collaborate, persuade, gain cooperation and acceptance of ideas on significant projects
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key contacts to enhance work flow and quality
• Sensitivity to appropriately respond to the needs of a diverse population
• Customer Service
• Flexibility / Adaptability
• Results Focus
VERY IMPORTANT COMPETENCIES
• Collaboration / Inclusion
• Time Utilization / Organization
• Quality of Work
• Servant Leadership
• Continuous Improvement / Innovation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/TRAINING
• Demonstrated experience with a Business social media systems, such as constant contact, twitter, etc.
Hours will vary – not to exceed 20 hours per week.
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.