Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/5/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assigns and supervises on-site contests and special event management.
• Submits monthly billing summary to campus event scheduler for departmental reimbursements.
• Orders athletic and physical education equipment and supplies as needed.
• Checks and provides routine maintenance of classroom, athletic, and special events equipment.
• Supervises the inventory, cleaning and distribution of team garments.
• Participates in college and departmental planning sessions.
• Assists with facility schedules for academic classes, athletic practices and contests, and community and recreational activities.
• Monitors athletic, physical education and recreation facilities and equipment; reports maintenance requirements as indicated. Assists with the supervision and management of the Physical (P.E.) Education facilities.
• Assists in developing and implementing recreational programs.
• Enforce the rules/regulations for P.E. Building. Assist in setting up non-credit classes and recreation programs.
• Assists in supervision, planning and coordination of Summer Sport & Fitness Academy.
• Functionally supervises employees in the department. Directs and coordinates staff and student assistants in facility preparation and equipment setup.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Associate’s degree
• Minimum of three years of related work experience
• Certification in CPR and First Aid
• Valid Ohio Driver’s license and ability to meet the College’s insurability requirements
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Skills in keyboarding, basic grammar, basic math, basic level word processing (MS Word) and basic level spreadsheet applications (MS Excel)
• Must be capable of performing simple repairs to equipment
• Sensitivity to respond appropriate to the needs of a diverse population
• Valid Chauffeur’s license
• Certification as Certified Personal Trainer
• Certification as Certified Pool Operator
May be required to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis an
12:00- 4:00 Monday – Friday occasional evenings and/ or Saturdays base on departmental needs
This is a Part-tim (1199/SEIU) Bargaining Unit position, Grade 7. Part time (1199/SEIU) bargaining unit employees at Cuyahoga Community College will be considered first for vacant positions.
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments.
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.