Detailed Job Description
Job ID: 1977 - SATSS - PT
Performs a variety of administrative and kitchen tasks related to the operation of University food service facilities, specifically for Conference and Event Services which could include Miami Catering, Concessions and/or conferences.
1) Oversees activities of unit; assists in setting goals and priorities; assists in setting policies and procedures; ensures the smooth flow of operations; enforces rules and regulations.
2) Supervises staff; establishes schedule and assigns tasks; monitors and evaluates performance; reviews and approves employee time sheets.
3) Monitors and reviews completed tasks; ensures that any necessary changes or corrections are made.
4) Maintains inventory; assists in forecasting needs and placing orders for materials and supplies.
5) Oversees maintenance of facility; reports any needed facility or equipment maintenance or repairs.
6) Performs a variety of administrative tasks including keeping records, balancing accounts and preparing deposits, and resolving customercomplaints.
Physical effort usually requires considerable walking and standing with some lifting of materials weighing 25 to 50 pounds. Periodic assignments given which entail dealing with modestly unpleasant physical situations.
Knowledge of general business administration techniques; knowledge of food preparation and sanitation techniques; supervisory skills
Requires nine months of training beyond high school and two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.