Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/10/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 1978 - SATSS - FT
Assists in overseeing and maintaining University facilities by performing complex mechanical repairs requiring specialized training in repair, maintenance, and/or operation of buildings, facilities, equipment, tools, etc.
1. Performs a variety of specialized tasks associated with maintaining and repairing recreation services program area facilities and equipment including off site locations.
2. Oversees skilled repairs to building structures such as repairing damaged walls, floors, ceilings, doors, windows, etc. Replaces components or parts as necessary
3. Oversees skilled repairs to electrical systems, equipment and appliances such as repairing electrical switches, outlets, appliances, motors, fans etc. Replaces components or parts as necessary.
4. Oversees skilled repairs to plumbing fixtures or facilities such as pipes, drains, sinks, faucets, toilets, pressure valves, steam traps, etc. Replaces components or parts as necessary.
5. Oversees Repairs, replaces or adjusts building hardware such as door closers, locks, panic bars, hand rails etc.
6. Performs installation or replacement of components or parts for electrical, plumbing, HVAC systems, as assigned.
7. Oversees preventative maintenance tasks such as lubricating, adjusting, replacing worn parts etc., on mechanical equipment.
8. Works from blueprints, drawings, sketches, written or verbal work orders in performing assigned duties.
9. Assist the facility manager in evaluation and procurement of supplies and equipment needed. Understands ordering process. Assist in developing and carrying out facility maintenance and cleaning objectives.
10. Oversees and observes strict safety rules and housekeeping practices in performing assigned duties and maintaining work areas; follows established University and Departmental policies and procedures.
11. Oversees staff; establishes work schedules and assigns tasks; monitors and reviews performance; ensures that any necessary corrections or changes are made.
12. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Physical effort usually requires considerable walking and standing with some lifting of materials weighing 25 to 50 pounds. Periodic assignments given which entail dealing with modestly unpleasant physical situations.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
Knowledge of maintenance duties and work assignments; ability to deal effectively and positively with a diverse internal and external customer base. Ability to make informed and effective decisions affecting successful outcome of assigned duties. Knowledge of computer and supervisory skills.
A flexible and sometimes varied work schedule including weekends and holidays. Days and hours may vary based on departmental needs. Physical effort usually requires considerable walking, standing and lifting materials weighing 25 to 100 pounds. Some possibility of personal risk due to accidents.
Requires nine months of technical training and three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires driver's license.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.