Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/20/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job IRC #18674
The Registrar is responsible for managing the daily operation of the Registrar’s office, supervising six administrators and seven staff, and reports directly to the Asst. VP of Enrollment Management. Primary duties include oversight of all aspects of student registration and academic records - planning registration, maintaining student records, monitoring grade processing, and graduation, as well as overseeing NCAA and NSLDS (Clearinghouse) certifications and documentation.
Responsibilities also include overseeing all services provided by the Registrar’s Office to the students, faculty and administrators of the College of Arts and Sciences and the Schools of Business Administration, Leadership and Education Sciences, Peace Studies, Engineering, Nursing and Professional Studies. In addition, the Registrar provides general oversight of the Associate Registrar for Summer and Intersession.
The Registrar implements and executes policies and procedures within the guidelines of the University and FERPA, and works with Information Technology to plan and implement new software solutions as needed, as well as maintaining current student systems (Banner and DARS) while using other reporting tools (COGNOS) and scanning products (Xtender).
The Registrar oversees training, development and maintenance of procedure manuals, FERPA regulations, and systems within the Registrar’s office. General responsibilities include the custodial care of student records, the certification and issuance of official transcripts, and providing assistance to the Associate Registrar in certifying applicants for graduation.
The Registrar manages the Registrar and Graduate Records budget and retains full responsibility over all departmental personnel matters. The Registrar is supervised by Assistant Vice Provost of Enrollment Management. This position supervises five full-time and one part-time Administrator:Associate Registrar, Summer and Intersession; Associate Registrar, Database Administrator, Student Records; Assistant Registrar, Study Abroad, Grade Processing; Graduate Records Coordinator; Degree Audit Manager; Transfer Analyst (2/3 time) and seven full-time staff
• Master’s degree required with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a Registrar’s office or extensive educational administration experience in a related position preferred.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The candidate must demonstrate their knowledge, skills and abilities in the following areas:
• Professionalism and leadership: Provide effective leadership and management to the office and to the institution in academic policy, record keeping, retention and graduation efforts
• Creating a collegial, collaborative environment: The Registrar is a key member of the Enrollment Management team and must work collaboratively within the unit, across departments, divisions, and reporting lines to help achieve institutional goals
• Analyzing and interpreting data: A key responsibility is to collect, process, analyze and share data relating to courses, programs, student records, persistence and graduation. The candidate must demonstrate an understanding of complex student data systems, reporting tools, and other software in order to successfully carry out this responsibility
• Communication skills: Must possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and be able to effectively communicate with a wide variety of constituencies both within and outside the University
• Knowledge of law, policy, and governance: Strong working knowledge of state and federal compliance mandates and proven leadership in FERPA compliance, training of staff and faculty, and best practices related to student records
• Commitment to USD’s values and core principles: Our mission and core values inform the culture of care that we strive to provide for our students, faculty and staff. The successful candidate must demonstrate alignment with these principles through their work experience and record of accomplishment.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Business & Administration: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours per week: 37.5
Closing date: November 20, 2015
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Click http://apptrkr.com/696099 to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.