Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/5/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 1972 - AFSCME - FT
Performs a variety of moderately complex technical and custodial tasks related to maintaining the University's buildings, facilities, and grounds.
1) Operates heavy equipment which may include tractors, trucks, snow removal equipment, back hoes, trenchers, street sweepers, bush hog, or carpet cleaning power van.
2) May operate portable power equipment including chain saws, blowers, mowers, and drapery/upholstery cleaning machines.
3) Performs routine cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
4) May perform minor carpet repair including repairing split seams and re-nailing tack strips.
5) May assist in the set up and break down for events; moves tables, chairs, staging and technical equipment; may assist with the maintenance and preparation of athletic fields and facilities.
6) May mix and apply various chemical solutions including herbicides, pesticides and cleaning solutions.
7) Occasional training and instruction of classified staff and occasional training and monitoring of student employees. May have functional guidance of student employees for various periods (i.e. summer).
Frequent standing, walking, climbing, and operating equipment. Some lifting of materials weighing up to 70 pounds. Periodic assignment given which entail dealing with modestly unpleasant physical situations.
Machinery may generate considerable noise and pose some element of personal risk.
Requires six months of training beyond high school in equipment operation/maintenance and one year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires driver's license. May require pesticide applicator's license.
Knowledge of equipment operation and maintenance; knowledge of grounds keeping operations; may require some knowledge of pesticide application techniques.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.