Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/23/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Voiland School of Chemical Engineering and Bioengineering at Washington State University has an immediate postdoctoral research position available for an experimental scientist in intermediate temperature solid oxide fuel cell and associated electrochemistry, solid oxide electrolyte fabrication (such as cerium oxide-based thin electrolytes) and their impedance characterization and general material characterization, as well the anode supported cell fabrication and cell testing. The ideal applicant will be a creative, self-motivated individual, who has the ability and interest to pursue challenging, interdisciplinary problems in a fast-paced research environment.
Successful candidates would meet the following qualifications:
• A Ph.D. degree in chemical engineering, material science or a closely related field
• A strong academic background and knowledge in areas related to intermediate temperature solid oxide electrochemistry.
• Research experiences in cerium oxide-based thin electrolyte fabrications and their impedance characterizations for ionic and electronic conductivity measurements
• Hands-on experience in fabricating anode supported solid oxide fuel cells, and their physical property and electrochemical performance characterization
• Experience in using XRD, FTIR, TEM and SEM.
• This position requires good communication and interpersonal skills necessary for a multi-disciplinary team research environment.
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU is committed to excellence through diversity and faculty-friendly policy action, including partner accommodation and NSF ADVANCE Institutional Transformation programs (http://www.advance.wsu.edu/).
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521(v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or email@example.com.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.