Detailed Job Description
The Summer Programs Enrollment Technology Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day technical processes that ensure the enrollment service model meets its objectives of delivering top-notch customer service to Berklee Summer Programs students and families. This position provides support and administration of all technology software operations central to the enrollment goals of the department. Coordinates technical processes with other college offices, including (but not limited to) Office of Admissions, Office of Scholarships, Office of Financial Aid, Bursar’s Office, Comptrollers Office, Housing, Safety and Security, and Registrar’s Office as well as each of the 20+ program Directors. Develops, nurtures, and assesses business and end user’s systemic needs. Functions as the chief liaison for the Directors of each office to consistently monitor, implement and update software, hardware, and all technical and systemic parameters. Seeks to improve student services to the entire Berklee Summer Programs community.
Under the broad supervision of the Director of Summer Programs, the Enrollment Technology Manager coordinates and oversees computer-related systems and processes associated with Berklee Summer Programs. The Enrollment Technology Manager acts as point-person for technical enhancements to application processing operations ensuring an exceptional user experience, enrollment process, and dataflow. This person provides technical assistance, training and process supervision to the office at-large.
The Enrollment Technology Manager administers the department’s Salesforce CRM and Marketo systems, assists with logistical planning and administrative duties, and when needed provides program-related counseling and assistance to prospective students, applicants and parents across all of Berklee Summer Programs communications platforms. The Enrollment Technology Manager also maintains integrity in the dataflow to the college’s Datatel Colleague database and is the department’s representative on all matters pertaining to this system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the day-to-day technical processes and trains and supervises staff members on technical functions whenever appropriate
- Maintains documentation of all technical processes
- Department Administrator of the Salesforce CRM and the email marketing software Marketo which support the goals of the Enrollment division. Working with the Associate Director of Summer Programs, the Enrollment Technology Manager maintains both systems at an administrative level to support office workflow and processes and improve customer service for Berklee Summer Programs.
- Provides support for all technical procedures, such as data uploads and
imports from one system to another and enrollment funnel communications for Berklee College of Music and Berklee Summer Programs
- Problem solves technical issues between Berklee Summer Programs and Berklee IT and coordinates processes and respective communication with other college offices – Admissions, Registrar, Bursar, Financial Aid, Housing, Safety and Security, and Scholarships.
- Implements, monitors and updates software and hardware used for enrollment purposes
- Creates workflows, database solutions and applies other innovative approaches for accurate and efficient operations that support managing admissions and financial data, and student records
- Works to support staff who are nurturing prospective students and applicants through the admissions process
- Works to achieve best practices involving admissions recruitment data systems and provide the highest degree of customer service, with an emphasis on online, email, phone, and in person interactions
- Oversees the deployment of technologies used to meet enrollment goals, such as:
- Batch registration: on-line application batching, correspondence batching
- Billing and invoice application
- Posting scholarships and financial aid to student accounts
- General ledger and student AR/CR functions, account reconciliation
- Small programs registration
- Special student group registration
- Check-in; processing registrations, testing and troubleshooting hardware
- Program completion certificates
- College credit
- Student demographic information
- Enrollment reporting, academic reporting, admissions reporting
- Curricular procedures
- SEVIS tracking
- Duplicate records
- IPED reporting
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists with logistical coordination of program registrations/check-ins. Performs data entry and related procedures required during registrations.
- Provides administrative assistance to the Associate Vice President for Special Programs as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Other Information or Comments
Summer Programs Enrollment Technology Manager will play a key role in technical support for an office that currently receives and processes more than 5,000 applications, yielding around 3,000 students annually. Summer Programs are vital to Berklee College of Music’s overall recruitment objectives as well as bringing substantial revenue to the institution.
- Excellent analytical skills and database management experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive, helping attitude. Ability to work effectively with colleagues from across the college and to work cooperatively as a member of the Berklee Summer Programs and Berklee College of Music administrative offices and technology team.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills. Thoroughness, accuracy, attention to detail required, and ability to meet strict deadlines required. Ability to work independently and with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to oversee and supervise a data processing team.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in verbal and written formats as well as to create and maintain positive, productive working relationships with both technical and non-technical personnel. Editing and proofreading experience a plus.
- Excellent judgment and strategic skills for ensuring mutually positive outcomes, balancing internal priorities with external objectives.
- Ability to create efficient cross communication between multiple databases wherever necessary
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in Computer Science preferred.
- Salesforce CRM and Marketo training preferred.
- Experience effectively managing projects and/or systems in support of business functions.
- Five years of college or university experience working in an enrollment capacity. A thorough understanding of enrollment management, including basic functions of the Registrar, Financial Aid and Scholarships office, as well as Admissions is preferred.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and has ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Experience with higher education computer systems, such as Datatel Colleague, reporting software applications, such as Informer, and various databases such as SQL, Filemaker, and Powerfaids preferred.
- Familiar with various payment mechanisms, their import features and compatibility with FileMaker.
- Music background or passion for music a plus.
Berklee College of Music is committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.