Detailed Job Description
Berklee Online is the online extension school of Berklee College of Music, delivering access to Berklee’s acclaimed curriculum from anywhere in the world. Berklee Online’s accredited, award-winning online courses, multi-course certificate programs, and bachelor of professional studies degree are taught by the college’s world-renowned faculty, providing lifelong learning opportunities to people interested in music and working in the music industry.
Under the direct supervision of the AVP of Marketing and Recruitment, the Senior Business Development and Partner Marketing Manager will develop relationships with best-in-breed companies to support Berklee Online’s growth and development and be responsible for all aspects of Berklee Online’s partner marketing initiatives, from nurturing existing relationships, to identifying appropriate external partnership opportunities. The Senior Business Development and Partner Marketing Manager will also oversee our Business Development and Student Support Technologies Manager to execute on three overarching initiatives: conceptualizing and delivering partner-focused content and co-marketing activities; product management around new and existing partners; and fulfillment of education deals with industry partners.
Detailed core job responsibilities include:
- Partner Marketing and Management
- Relationship management, campaign planning, and execution on communication plans with industry-leading partners in areas including:
- Performance rights organizations
- Guitar manufacturers
- Software manufacturers
- Artist service companies
- Others as required
- New Business Development
- Identify and communicate with targeted partners to help expand Berklee Online’s overall reach, with a focus on ROI
- Explore partnership opportunities with educational partners to adopt Berklee Online curriculum
- Work with our Manager of Strategic Enrollment Research to create weekly, quarterly, and annual enrollment reports
- Content Creation + Cross-Promotion Opportunities:
- Work with an internal creative team to conceptualize and execute on partner marketing collateral, including video assets, landing pages, eblasts, more
- Plan partner promotions around key campaigns
- e.g. Degree majors, Early Enrollment, new courses, new content pieces (infographics, handbooks, videos, events, etc.)
- Educational Deals
- Oversee our Business Development and Student Support Technologies Manager to help create and update student discounts, and coordinate communication across all marketing channels
- Affiliate Discounts
- Manage contracts
- Update and create contract documents for consumer- and employee-facing discount agreements
- Military Outreach and Website Overview
- Oversee Berklee Online’s military education strategy and military options positioning on Online.Berklee.edu
- Faculty Relationship Management
- Work with key faculty members to create compelling educational content
- Creative Team
- Work directly with our Associate Director of Marketing to brief, oversee, and collaborate content with our video team, design team, and copywriter
- MOOC (Massive Open Online Courses)
- Manage relationship with Ableton and other partners for their MOOC cross-promotion, including organic and sponsored social posts and updated student discount coupon codes
- Provide important analytics re: course enrollment
- Berklee Online Communications
- Bimonthly meetings with our MOOC Curriculum Manager to coordinate communications
- Work with our Associate Director of Communications to coordinate strategic content for our massive open online courses.
Location: Greater Boston Area
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines, and prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously with great efficiency and attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work in fast-paced, deadline driven atmosphere with high standards for quality, accuracy, and the ability to innovate for online content.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop & maintain effective working relationships with individuals & organizations reflecting a broad range of identities, perspectives & experiences
- At least 5 years experience in business development and execution on partner marketing campaigns.
- Familiarity with project management software such as Asana or Basecamp
- Solid understanding of the music industry market, particularly music production, music business, and guitar companies and organizations.
- Familiarity with today’s music styles, leading musical figures, and the basic structure/organization of the music industry.
Berklee College of Music is committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.