Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/4/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
• Teaches students skills and knowledge necessary to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class A driver’s license
• Monitors attendance and maintains student records
• Assists in program compliance with State requirements
• Assists in participant recruitment and enrollment activities
• Perform and document daily safety inspections of equipment; for example, Trucks, Trailers, Bus and Pickup Truck. Advise Program Manager and schedule immediate maintenance for equipment that has serious deficiencies.
• Develop and implement a preventative maintenance schedule for equipment. Provide weekly status reports to the Program Manager.
• Maintain Daily Attendance verification including notes for absence, tardy and early dismissal; provide weekly documentation to the Program Manager
• Propose scheduling for students for make-up classes or additional training time; provide weekly documentation to the Program Manager
• Maintain student record audits, including attendance, performance, sign off by students and instructors for attendance, training and comments. Provide weekly documentation to the Program Manager
• Friday assignments will include but are not limited to: remedial CDL skills training for students that require makeup time or additional instruction for success; assisting with maintenance and repair scheduling and movement of equipment; assisting in fueling of trucks and bus, obtaining fuel receipt and delivering the receipt to the Program Manager or Office Assistant
• Fill in as instructor for any absence of the part time instructors, in class, skills pad or on road training
• Schedule CDL testing
• Coach instructors for skills improvement
• Review the Student Course Evaluations for improvement opportunities. Meet with the Program Manager on a monthly basis to evaluate improvement opportunities.
• Review the Instructor Course Evaluations for improvement opportunities. Meet with the Program Manager on a monthly basis to evaluate improvement opportunities.
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• High School diploma or GED
• Three years of verifiable CDL Class “A” driving experience in all weather conditions
• Must have CDL Class “A” license with all endorsements except Hazardous Materials, Passenger and School Bus
• Clean driving record with no more than two (2) points and/or two (2) moving violations in the previous three years
• No record of Operating Vehicle While Intoxicated (OVI), Driving Under the Influence (DUI) or Reckless Operation convictions
• Must meet the College insurability requirements
• Ability to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and drug screening examination
• No felony convictions; must pass Ohio Department of Public Safety background check
• Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication and organizational skills
• Must be able to function as a self-motivated team player capable of working with minimal supervision
• Ability to stand and walk a large portion of the work day
• Demonstrated ability to interact with individuals from diverse and multi-ethnic background and sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
• Computer proficiency
• Ohio Department of Public Safety CDL Instructor’s license
• Smith System driver safety training
• Completion of the National Safety Council Defensive Driver’s Training for Commercial Drivers
Hours will vary depending on business units needs
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.