Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/17/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Associate Director is responsible for all co-curricular programs of the Institute for Women’s Studies and Services including student support services designed to develop and retain a diverse student body.
Provide services that support the academic Women’s Studies program.
Offer advocacy (e.g. sexual discrimination, gender discrimination, sexual harassment) and mediation for students, staff, and faculty as appropriate.
Develop and coordinate services to develop, retain, and assist the diverse student body at MSU with individual advising, information and referrals, with a focus on diverse groups of women, genders, transfer students, and students re-entering higher education.
Act as a liaison to appropriate campus offices and entities.
Provide resource/referral information in the areas of childcare, interpersonal violence resources, social services, emergency housing, financial assistance, and legal issues.
Coordinate conferences, workshops, lectures, publications, publicity, and other campus-wide co-curricular activities related to women’s issues, gender issues, and social justice.
Develop, coordinate and assess all co-curricular institute activities.
In coordination with the Director and Program Assistant, hire, train, and supervise student staff.
Advise and provide support to student organizations.
Provide input on campus policies and procedures with regard to the impact on women and gender as appropriate.
Develop and maintain relationships with local community organizations serving women and girls.
Assume overall administrative responsibilities of the Institute in the absence of the Director.
1. Master’s degree in Women’s Studies or related fields (e.g., ethnic studies, human services, social work, education, sociology anthropology, political science, humanities)
2. Minimum of three years combined experience directing, coordinating, and/or managing campus or community based women’s programs and/or agencies.
3. Supervisory experience with paid staff and/or student staff and volunteers.
4. Knowledge of feminist and social justice perspectives
1. Experience in working in a diverse, urban campus or community environment with students of color
2. Completion of a minimum of 12 combined undergraduate/graduate level credits in Women’s Studies
3. Knowledge of national, regional, state, and local women’s organizations and agencies, and participation in relevant local, state, and national organizations, assuming leadership roles as appropriate
4. Skilled at forming inter-campus alliances and community building
5. Conference, workshop, and meeting planning experience
6. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (oral and written)
7. Web skills
8. Graphic arts skills
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online applciations system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.