Detailed Job Description
Responsible for design, integration, implementation, maintenance, upgrades, and management of comprehensive information systems for the assigned business unit. Acts as liaison between and works collaboratively with the assigned business unit user group, the Office of Information Technology (OIT), Institutional Research (IR), and other internal and external stakeholders as required. Participates in systems education, project planning/development and process review/improvement. Responsible for ensuring that all reporting, communication, support, and electronic workflow needs are met in a timely manner. Supervises assigned personnel.
Essential Job Functions
1. Explain functional business requirements to OIT and other technical staff to ensure that technology based solutions are properly developed and applied. Understand and oversees application of technology systems to support functional business requirement of the ABU.
2. Acts as in-house information systems expert and primary technical point-of-contact for assigned business unit user group. Works with ABU personnel to design, implement, test, and maintain technology systems in support of those areas, including any necessary coordination with OIT technical personnel and other offices with technical support and troubleshooting issues.
3. Coordinates, supervises, and participates in the functional
testing of all information systems utilized by the ABU during, systems implementation, upgrades, patches, and other maintenance, including development and maintenance of testing plans, scripts and processes.
4. Analyzes business and information management processes within the ABU. Recommends and implements effective uses of technology to support these processes. Monitors, reviews, and evaluates appropriate new technologies that could potentially enhance the college's ability to effectively manage and disseminate assigned business unit related information.
5. Recommends, implements, and maintains automation processes for the ABU technology systems, including use of automation tools, automated scripts, and electronic workflows in coordination with OIT and other system users.
6. Coordinates, develops and implements reporting, tracking and data extraction functions and processes, in coordination with OIT, Institutional Research and other stakeholders. Designs, develops, and produces detailed standard and ad hoc reports. Researches topics relevant to ABU. Performs data analysis and produces statistical summaries
7. Maintains and coordinates communication systems related to professional development technology systems, including email, web, portal, and other automated processes. Creates and maintains documentation forABU technology systems and related business processes.
8. Coordinates and assists in the development and delivery of training and online support resources on use of ABU technology systems to departmental personnel and other end-users. Acts as a point of contact for end users, fielding questions, troubleshooting problems and providing support. Provides technical support and functional guidance and direction to assigned business unit user group, vendors, and other stakeholders.
9. Represents ABU on college committees and at vendor/users conferences (Banner Summit, etc.). Represents the college by service on task forces and committees of Federal and state agencies. Networks with other systems support professional regarding problem resolution and system enhancements. Collaborates with all stakeholders about technology systems of ABU.
10. Coordinates, maintains, and assists with user security and account setups. Provides support in the triage, troubleshooting and resolution of systems related issues. Identifies and tracks system defects as well as enhancements to ensure the proper routing of problems to vendor, staff, and other stakeholders. Collaborates with vendor support and OIT on the resolution applications issues and system problems.
11. Leads the implementation and maintenance ofABU information systems. Ensures system accuracy by conducting periodic audits of data, processes, and processing results. Serves as primary point-of-contact and liaison with OIT for ABU in establishing systems related priorities.
12. Designs, builds, and maintains Management Information and Decision Support Systems, as required.
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
in a discipline deemed appropriate by the hiring authority or a combination of education and experience that is deemed appropriate by the hiring authority [Required.] In some cases the hiring authority may prefer a Master's degree.
2. Experience with applications and information management systems being used by assigned business unit, including but not limited to, Banner, Luminis, Microsoft Office, People Admin, Cashnet, Higher One, Intelecheck, and Continuity.
3. High level experience using SQL navigator against an Oracle database. Proficient in the use of reporting and decision support tools and the use of all Microsoft Office applications.
4. Experience designing business based solutions to support the functions of the assigned business unit, preferably in a higher education environment.
5. Experience developing and managing/supporting information management systems related to function of the assigned business unit. Experience in training user groups and communication of complex, technical information to people with varying levels experience and understanding.
6. Based on the assigned business unit, the person in this position may have a reasonably low access to protected health information and is required to participate in training relative to handling of protected health information. They may also be required to meet criteria for special access, i.e. they must not be in default or over payment on any Federal Loans and Grants.
7. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
8. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accomodation.
9. This position has a reasonably low access to protected health information (PHI) and is required to participate in specialized training relative to handling of PHI.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills. The ability to work independently and handle multiple, complex and varied assignments in a timely manners. Must be well organized and able to keep meticulous records.
2. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to analyze and interpret data and to clearly and effectively communicate technical information to individuals at all levels of the organization with varying levels of understanding.
3. Ability to identify and apply technological solutions to the functional work of the assigned business unit. Ensuring that all business and regulatory requirements are met.
4. Ability to develop and maintain detailed documentation for technology systems and processes. Ability to create and maintain detailed testing plans and associated scripts.
5. Verifiable ability to use SQL navigator to code, interpret and execute SQL reports/queries. Working knowledge of database table structure and entity relationships.
6. Ability to perform all aspects of the work associated with this position, i.e. sitting for prolonged periods of time, and viewing a computer monitor for long periods, with or without accommodations.
7. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
$46,750 - $59,125 per year
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.