Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/11/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job # 1509012
Closing Date: 12/11/2015
Salary is assigned according to the Full-Time Faculty Salary Scale.
Dean, Math and Science
Criminal Background Check:
Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC’s College Police department.
General Statement of Job:
To instruct students in Mathematics courses in accordance with College policies and procedures.
Description of Duties and Tasks:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Instructs students in the Mathematics discipline. Provides learning activities that stimulate student involvement and encourage critical thinking.
2. Participates actively within the Mathematics Department and assists with the maintenance and development of mathematics curriculum.
3. Demonstrates creativity and innovation in the field,and service in the profession and/or the community.
4. Plans and organizes lesson plans, research and reference materials, syllabi, and other learning aids.
5. Maintains office hours to assist students.
6. Serves on college-wide and departmental committees.
7. Participates in graduation, general assembly, and other official College functions.
8. Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Department Chair, Dean, and/or Executive Vice President.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Effective teaching techniques adaptable to a variety of learning styles.
• Understanding the comprehensive mission and philosophy of community colleges.
• Subject matter and related and/or relevant topics and issues in the teaching discipline.
• Sensitive issues relating to a diverse student body.
• Principles and practices associated with Servant-Leadership.
• Working cooperatively with colleagues.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Effective planning, organizing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Effectively assisting and assessing student learning.
• Interacting with students of diverse backgrounds.
• Being punctual for classes and office hours.
• Maintaining an established schedule, including evenings and weekends, including possible multiple campus locations that may vary by semester.
• Maintaining confidentiality of student information.
• Demonstrated proficiency using computer applications, classroom or other current learning technologies for effective teaching at the community college level.
• Work is performed in a standard office or classroom environment.
• Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
• Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
• Ability to communicate effectively with students and colleagues.
• Must meet SACSCOC qualifications for the subject taught. See the current year Faculty Qualifications Table located at www.austincc.edu/facstaff/faculty-credentials.
• Must meet SACSCOC faculty qualifications for the subject taught. See the current year Faculty Qualifications Table located at www.austincc.edu/facstaff/faculty-credentials.
• This is a Security Sensitive position. Pre-Employment Criminal History Checks are required.
• Official transcripts are required.
• Reliable transportation may be required for teaching in multiple campus locations.
• If candidate does not meet SACSCOC requirements to teach developmental math at time of hiring, the SACSCOC requirements must be completed within the first two years of employment.
• Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview:
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/674205
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.