Detailed Job Description
Responsible for scheduling equipment, operating a variety of technology and audio-visual equipment, and performing mechanical and clerical duties required to maintain the equipment and usage records.
West CampusDepartment:Campus Technology Services
Essential Job Functions
1. Coordinate delivery and support of classroom technology needs.
2. Assists students and faculty with computer support and instruction.
3. Assists in providing workshops and small group training related to computer/instructional technologies applications.
4. Provides technical assistance to faculty/staff.
5. Provides on-line/phone technical assistance via phone e-mail at "help" desk.
6. Assists in set up and maintenance of computer hardware.
7. Assists, as required, in resolving equipment, software,
network, viruses, and other problems.
8. Assists in providing security and management of the
9. Maintains statistics related to users, facilities, and equipment usage.
10. Makes recommendations to supervisor of needed workshops, training aids, hardware and software.
11. Assists in inventory of area software/hardware.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
13. Coordinates off campus material used by other campuses.
14. Receives and "books" requests for use of audio-visual material and equipment.
15. Logs bookings daily, monthly and the entire session on the computer.
16. Inventory control and documentation.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. General office experience.
3. Proficiency in the use of computers.
4. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
5. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge of various administrative, clerical/secretarial and support activities.
2. Knowledge of computers and their different programs and operations.
3. Knowledge and skill in the operation of office equipment, VCRs, computers, televisions, and audio-visual equipment.
4. Good communication skills and interest in working with
students from diverse backgrounds.
5. Skill in the use of personal computers and related software.
6. Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
7. Ability to operate Microsoft Office programs.
8. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
9. Ability to relate effectively with others.
10. Ability to work in a structured environment with a high degree of attention to details.
11. Ability to maintain files and records and perform a variety of tasks.
$13.52 per hour
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.