Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/1/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Department of Social Work at the Metropolitan State University of Denver is seeking applicants for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Associate Professor for leadership within the Individuals and Families Concentration beginning Fall 2013.
The successful candidate will have primary assignment to the MSW program and teach in the Individuals and Families Concentration. Teaching will include concentration year courses in direct practice. Instruction may also include foundation year and BSW courses. The successful candidate will also update and modify online and on campus course material.
The successful candidate will advise primarily MSW students.
The successful candidate is expected to have an active and ongoing scholarly agenda and produce peer reviewed scholarship.
The successful candidate will perform service work including work on departmental and university-wide committees, community activities, and other duties as assigned by the Chair.
This faculty member will develop innovative strategies to recruit and mentor majority and minority students with particular sensitivity to first generation college students.
1. Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)-accredited institution.
2. Doctorate in Social Work or related field from regionally-accredited institution of higher learning.
1) Qualified for the rank of Associate Professor is preferred
2) Five years post MSW practice experience
3) Five years social work education experience
4) One year previous graduate teaching experience
5) One year previous teaching in an online or distributed learning context
6) Demonstrated record of scholarship and research and an active and ongoing scholarly agenda as evidenced in the applicant’s CV and cover letter
For this position, all applicants must include the following required application materials:
1. Cover Letter addressing qualifications
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Names and contact information for three professional references
4. Transcripts (copies are acceptable for initial screen, Official Transcript copies will be required for campus interview)
5. Recent teaching evaluations from the last academic year
6. One example of recent published work
7. Statement of Teaching Philosophy
All of the required application materials must be attached at time of application. Copies of transcripts are required of all candidates. Please see below for instructions if you are unable to attach copies of transcripts at time of applcaition.
Any questions regarding this position should be directed to the Chair of the search committee:
Dr. Barbara Barclay, MSW
If you are unable to attach copies of your transcripts at time of application please contact the person listed above to be informed of alternate instructions for submitting this document.
Applications will be reviewed beginning January 21, 2013.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.