Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/11/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position is responsible for directing the operations and programs of the college’s career center and for directing Student Services quality processes and learning assessment.
• Provides direction for Career Center policies, procedures, activities, and events; manages Career Center resources for computer lab, workshops, brochures, and marketing materials.
• Develops, plans, coordinates and implements Career Center activities and events, including college and K-12 and business/industry.
• Assists students with career assessments, resume development and mock interviews.
• Plans, evaluates, develops, implements and maintains quality processes in compliance with established guidelines.
• Serves as a member of the strategic purposes leadership team; chairs the student services processes team.
• Hires, trains, assigns, directs, schedules, supervises, evaluates, and disciplines personnel.
• Leads quality processes and learning outcomes assessment activities for Student Services; provides support for staff in the development and implementation of comprehensive assessment plans in Student Services.
• Researches and implements a variety of career education/ placement strategies and quality improvement plans and strategies.
• Facilitates and participates in meetings, committees, workshops, and seminars.
• Prepares a variety of written materials in both manual and electronic formats.
• Responds to inquiries from internal and external parties.
• Implements assessment services that support accreditation efforts.
• Coordinates the student services evaluation process.
• Coordinates the mentor program.
• Achieves AQIP reviewer certification.
• Develops and manages budgets, expenditures, and related financial activities; ensures the accuracy of allocations; ensures compliance with fiscal policies.
• Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of career development strategies and business/industry relationships.
• Knowledge of Student Services current assessment practices.
• Knowledge of Higher Learning Commission accreditation standards.
• Knowledge of current job practices.
• Knowledge of quality improvement processes and assessment principles.
• Knowledge of budget development and management principles.
• Knowledge of personnel management principles.
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
• Skill in the development and implementation of comprehensive assessment plans.
• Skill in the delegation of responsibility and authority.
• Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
The Vice President for Student Services assigns work in terms of department goals and objectives. The supervisor reviews work through conferences, reports, and observation of department activities.
Guidelines include Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education standards for assessment, Higher Learning Commission for Accreditation standards, New Mexico Higher Education Department guidelines,Work Ready community principles, and college and program policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection, and interpretation in application. This position develops departmental guidelines.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of varied duties in directing the operations of the college Career Center and in directing Student Services quality improvement activities. Strict regulations contribute to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to direct the operations of the college Career Center and to direct Student Services quality improvement activities. Success in this position contributes to the provision of career services to students and to ensure compliance with accreditation requirements.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, faculty, staff, students, representatives of accrediting agencies, representatives from other colleges, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, to provide services, to justify or negotiate matters, or to motivate or influence persons.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
• The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
This position has direct supervision over Career Center Coordinator (1), Career Specialist (1), and Senior Administrative Assistant (1).
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.