Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/21/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Position Summary The Director of the Advanced Manufacturing Sciences (AMS) Institute will report to the Dean of the College of Professional Studies and is responsible for managing all AMS Institute activities, as defined in the annual performance plan.
(40%) – Lead and drive efforts with Aerospace Engineering Sciences (AES) collaborating departments’ leadership to: coordinate scheduling for all shared spaces in the AES building, provide advising for all AMS majors, facilitate programming, shared student activities and ongoing revision of AMS curriculum while maintaining program and curriculum alignment with industry needs. The Director will coordinate, schedule and evaluate faculty for AMS courses, coordinate AMS major internship placements and evaluation, and coordinate and manage AMS program assessment.
(30%) Develop, plan and execute comprehensive strategies to: expand AMS Institute community presence through developing and nurturing relationships with key industry partners by arranging seminars, guest speaker series or workshops, soliciting grant and private donations for the institute; and developing fee for service programs in prototype development and other manufacturing research areas.
(20%) In collaboration with University leadership including the College Deans, establish an Institute mission/vision and goals that support the University mission. Provide prudent financial management of the Institute, ensuring fiscal stewardship. Provide assurance that the Institute, operates in accordance with all relevant federal, state, and university laws, regulations, and policies. Develop strategic planning for the institute, recruit and form a relevant advisory board and coordinate appropriate consultation with that advisory board.
(10%) Prepare an Annual Report for the College Deans, the Provost and, if relevant, the Board of Trustees. Prepare the self-study for the Institute’s periodic review. Undergo individual personnel evaluation and evaluate AMS Institute staff in accordance with campus policies and procedures. Perform other duties, as assigned.
• Masters degree in Aerospace Studies, Business, Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
• Minimum of three years of administrative experience working with all levels of staff and leadership, including board members, and community leaders
• Three years of experience supervising and managing professional staff
• PhD in Aerospace Studies, Business, Engineering, Computer Science or related fields
• 5+ years of higher education experience
• 5+ years of manufacturing industry experience
• Experience working with diverse, urban populations
• Experience conducting program evaluation to determine program effectiveness
• Experience managing a budget
• Experience or knowledge of the strategic planning process to determine department and program direction
• Proven skill in the creation and preparation of effective grant proposals and or private fundraising programs.
IMPORTANT: in order to be considered as applicant YOU MUST FILL OUT THE APPLICATION AT https://www.msudenverjobs.com. Official Transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
Please note: References refers to the names and contact information of three professional references.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.