Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/28/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
FULL-TIME STAFF ASSOCIATE FOR INSTITUTIONAL RESEARCH: Office of Institutional Research and Planning, Haverhill Campus. 37.5 hours per week (Non-unit Professional position).
The Staff Associate for Institutional Research supports institutional decision-making, policy-making, strategic planning, and outcomes assessment by collecting, analyzing, and reporting on a wide variety of institutional data. Specifically, the Staff Associate organizes and manages comprehensive institutional data sets to address internal and external data needs. Under the direction of the Dean of IR, the position plays a key role in managing important aspects of various institutional research projects, including survey design, development and administration, data analysis and reporting, mandated state and federal reporting, internal and external web and print reporting and other institutional evaluation activities. This position is primarily analytical. The position will also participate in the initiation and resolution of departmental and institutional data quality issues.
• Provide data and analyses to support evaluation, assessment, strategic planning and management decisions to advance the college’s mission.
• Design and maintain longitudinal databases, studies, analyses, reports and models in support of institutional decision making, the strategic planning process, program review and accreditation. Produce statistical findings and prepare summary reports such as the fact book, fact sheet and student and faculty profiles, dashboards. Track, collect and prepare survey data, verify data accuracy and prepare reports for the web and print media. Analyze trend data, initiate and resolve data quality issues.
• Develop relevant, timely and accurate institutional information for administrators, university community, external community and external agencies. Complete mandated reports and data files accurately and on time, including online submission of federal IPEDS data and surveys from accrediting bodies, guidebooks and other agencies.
• Participate in the setting of priorities and deadlines for projects and monitor successful completion; evaluate projects and implement changes as needed; report on status of projects to director. Maintain up-to-date documentation on all projects, processes, reports and models.
• Represent IR and serve as a resource to college committees.
1. Advanced knowledge of relational databases and experience designing, maintaining and reporting from large databases and multiple tables required. Banner experience a plus.
2. Expertise in Excel and Access data management required – filtering, pivot tables, MS Query, functions required.
3. Knowledge of web based survey creation and design required.
4. Experience in SPSS required.
5. Knowledge of SQL, HTML highly desirable.
6. Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in relation to confidential and proprietary information.
7. Must have the ability to perform mathematical and statistical computations commonly required for research applications. Apply knowledge and experience of research design and statistical techniques.
8. Must be capable of proactively initiating actions to solve departmental data issues.
9. High initiative and ability to work independently on assigned projects.
10. Effective presentation, organizational, communication and problem solving skills.
11. Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in a quantitative discipline and a minimum of three years of progressive work experience in information gathering, processing, analysis, and reporting.
12. Knowledge of institutional research or higher education reporting requirements is required.
Salary: $41,938.00 to $52,000.00 annually, with full benefits package. Salary will commensurate with experience and education.
Deadline Date: Open until filled, review of applicants will begin on December 7, 2012
To be considered for this position please provide examples of recent studies and reports that you have been the primary researcher.
NECC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.