Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/26/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Auto req ID: 28249BR
School/Unit: Harvard Kennedy School
Department: Executive Education
Leads & manages an assigned group of programs, generally between 5 - 7 programs annually.Programs will include a mix of open enrollment and contract programs. Responsible for leading all aspects of assigned programs, including coordinating faculty effort, ensuring participant satisfaction, managing operational staff, and achieving financial targets.
To ensure that Executive Education programs are designed and delivered with excellence.Manages the program life cycle: marketing, admissions, preparation, delivery, wrap up, reconciliation and reporting (PRO).Ensure systems used to support all programs are effective and efficient, and recommend any changes to the Executive Director.
Represents the Kennedy School and Executive Education to all faculty and program participants; is prepared and professional in all public presentations and meetings; organizes all reports and data for faculty chair(s) and senior director.
* Working with Faculty Chair and Senior Director for Program Delivery, defines the target demographic and admission criteria for open enrollment programs. Leads development of marketing and sales outreach strategy; coordinates with marketing team. Strategy may include direct mail, conference participation, third party funding relationships, recruiting meetings, and/or sales visits to target groups.
* Develops strong working relationships with faculty chair; staffs faculty chair for program activity as appropriate; keeps faculty chair informed of all major program related activity and/or decisions
* Responsible for inquiry management and sales related to open enrollment programs to achieve target enrollments.
* Manages all aspects of admissions and enrollment process, including admissions decisions, and fellowship award decisions. Oversees communication strategy and processes with prospective participants.
* Directs all program operations, including all aspects of logistics, faculty relationships and curriculum development; takes lead in anticipating and resolving all issues in collaboration with sr. director
* Manages staff assigned to program; ensuring a high level of professionalism, teamwork and focus on customer service. Reviews staff work; completes program staff evaluations. Assists in the professional development of more junior staff.
* Establishes the overall timeline for the program, and ensures that all tasks are completed as needed coordinating the efforts of faculty, staff, and supporting units both within and outside Exec Ed.
* Maintains a high level of professionalism and focus on customer service within the program team. Seeks to exceed participant expectations whenever possible.
* Exercises full financial management and oversight of assigned programs. Develops program budgets; strives to achieve financial goals. Responsible for all program spending, including faculty compensation, catering charges, etc. Approves staff overtime. Responsible for collection of unpaid tuition. Identifies and troubleshoots any problems as quickly as possible with Financial Unit
* In the case of custom programs, works with Finance Unit to develop and implement formal agreements with clients, based on standard contracting methodology.
* Fulfills all required reporting processes, including financial reconciliation and the Program Review & Outlook (PRO) process. Tracks and complies with any external reporting requirements; for example, with third party payers.
* Contributes to the improvement of programs and department processes and procedures.
* Informs Executive Education leadership of program status enrollment, program highlights, participant issues, performance vs. targets, etc.
Basic Qualifications: At least 5 years of professional work experience including some superviory experience.
Masters degree in a related field, such as public administration, public policy, business, etc.(5 of years directly related experience can substitute Master's Degree.)
Additional Qualifications: The Director is a professional with good supervisory, organizational, and communication skills, both oral and written.Must be comfortable speaking before a group; Must be willing to work long hours, especially while programs are in session.
Additional Information: Please upload your resume and cover letter as one document.
Harvard University requires pre-employment reference and background checks.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/zhpyb9k
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.