Detailed Job Description
The College of Applied Sciences and Arts, Southern Illinois University Carbondale invites applications for the position of Recruitment and Communication Specialist. This is a full-time, Administrative/Professional position and is contingent on available funding. This position reports directly to the Chief Academic Advisor and the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs in the College of Applied Sciences and Arts. It focuses on undergraduate recruitment and communication with college constituencies. The College of Applied Sciences and Arts is composed of the Schools of Allied Health, Architecture, Information Systems and Applied Technologies, and Transportation.
Duties and Responsibilities: The person selected for the position:
- Visits middle schools, high schools, and colleges, speaks to groups and individual students, and meets with school counselors and administrators to promote outreach activities and recruit students for the College.
- Manages and coordinates recruitment initiatives across its various School units; arranges visits and tours for prospective students and parents.
- Serves independently as the point person for internal coordination of student recruitment and enrollment management goals utilizing specific knowledge gained of admissions, registration criteria, financial aid, career services, and scholarship information and deadlines.
- Develops and maintains the College's communications and marketing materials (e.g. Newsletters, Annual Reports, Web, Print, Multimedia, and Social Media) in coordination with College and School leadership, organizes special events relating to targeted freshman, transfer, on- or off-campus, online, or under-represented groups in the fulfillment of recruitment efforts.
- Maintains the College's commitment to superior customer service and public relations; Develops and implements the College's internal and external communications and public affairs strategy, and distributes promotional materials that inform students and public about programs and services offered at CASA; Balances and manages brand awareness; Represents CASA at general public outreach and awareness sessions and other special event programs;
- Coordinates College participation in the Externship program, provides career and academic counseling, planning, and advising to prospective and current students.
- Work closely with College Development Officer and staff to support and manage the various scholarship programs, coordinates college participation of alumni gathering, recruitment fairs, and College Connections.
- Maintains good working relationships with Illinois and neighboring states' high schools and community colleges; handles mail and telephone contacts, and accommodate requests; promotes and represents the College at public relations events, promotional opportunities, marketing campaigns, business and committee meetings, and press and publicity functions.
- Organizes new student welcome activities; organizes and promote Living Learning Communities activities and programs.
- Coordinates the College Ambassadors program and various leadership development initiatives.
- Prepares reports and proposals, and responds to inquiries from students, faculty, Administrative and Support Staff.
- Maintain a valid drivers license and engage in overnight and weekend travel as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in education, business management or marketing, or other related degree.
- Minimum of three years combined experience in student recruitment, academic advisement, program development, and/or student services.
- Familiarity with the development of higher education marketing plans and student relations.
- Strong work ethic, character, and professional integrity.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, and organizational abilities.
- Understands university regulations, policies and procedures.
This is a security sensitive position. Before any offer of employment is made a criminal background check will be conducted.
Start Date: As soon as possibleApplication Instructions:
Use Institution Website
button to the right of this job description, then follow instructions on the jobpage at SIU-Carbondale's website.
SIU Carbondale is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans that strives to enhance its ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase its potential to serve a diverse student population. All applications are welcomed and encouraged and will receive consideration.