Detailed Job Description
Description of Position: Lecturer in the Department of Educational Administration and Higher Education. Operating at variable percent of time, individuals will provide instruction to doctoral students related to qualitative research methodology and/or diversity and social justice issues in education.
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Teach courses on the graduate level in qualitative research methodology and/or diversity and social justice issues in education.
- Assist the advising of graduate students relative to the application of qualitative research methods to their dissertation and other projects.
- Serve on master's and doctoral committees.
- Serve the constituencies of the Department, College; and University as approved/assigned.
- Completed doctorate at time of application with a specialization in educational administration, higher education, or other area of education approved by the search committee.
- A dissertation focused on education that applied qualitative research methodology and/or addressed diversity and social justice issues.
- Previous teaching experience related to course assignment(s).
- Knowledge and experience in qualitative research methodology and/or diversity and social justice issues as applied to elementary, secondary, and postsecondary schools.
- Oral proficiency in the English language as required by Illinois State law.
- Evidence of application of qualitative research methods beyond dissertation such as conference presentations, refereed publications, etc.
- Evidence of academic commitment to diversity and social justice beyond dissertation such as conference presentations, refereed publications, etc.
- Experience interacting and collaborating with diverse colleagues and students.
Appointment and Salary: Position is a term appointment for one semester. Contingent on available funding and demand for teaching assignments, additional semester appointments may be possible.
Effective Date of Employment: January 1, 2015Application Instructions:
Use Institution Website
button to the right of this job description, then follow instructions on the jobpage at SIU-Carbondale's website.
SIU Carbondale is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans that strives to enhance its ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase its potential to serve a diverse student population. All applications are welcomed and encouraged and will receive consideration.