Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/15/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Provides Medical Assisting instruction appropriate to the Standards and Guidelines established by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). Maintains effective communication with students, graduated, faculty, and other instructors. Performs didactic instruction and evaluation for students in the program courses. Provides input for needs assessment, continued development, accreditation and outcome assessment of the Medical Assisting Program. Responsibilities also include participating in course preparation and evaluation. Applicant may teach various courses related to the medical assisting field including courses in medical office communications, medical office procedures, clinical medical assisting skills, introduction to pharmacology or ethics for health care professionals.
Minimum of three years clinical experience as a Certified Medical Assistant in an ambulatory health care setting performing administrative and clinical procedures. Current CMA Certification in good standing with the AAMA . Ability to promote student success. Course work in education theory or techniques. Sensitivity to appropriately respond to the needs of a diverse population. Current CMA credential with active membership in the AAMA.
Willingness to learn and/or have experience in the use of instructional technologies to teach traditional, hybrid and/or distance learning classes, and /or as a supplement
Knowledge and skills in a variety of computer usage and software applications, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
Bachelor or Masters Degree. Will consider applicants with an Associate Degree in Applied Science with Certificate of Proficiency in Medical Assisting with 3 years clinical medical assisting experience. Clinical and didactic teaching experience
In addition to the qualifications listed for each position, the ideal candidate will show evidence of:
• Demonstrated teaching experience
• Minimum of one year experience teaching in an online or blended environment
• Experience using quality metrics (i.e. Quality Matters, Sloan 5 Pillars, etc.) to design and develop courses
• Ability to develop new curriculum and learning units in anticipation of changes in market discipline
• Belief that individuals can make a difference in the lives of students
• Excellence in teaching and facilitating the learning process for students, learning and using new technology, and applying diverse instructional strategies in response to using new technology, and applying diverse instructional strategies in response to learner demographics and learning styles
• Belief in the value of working and learning in a diverse environment
• Excellent oral, written and listening skills
• Ability to adapt to dynamic multi-campus organizational work environments
• Being a successful advocate for new initiatives in curriculum or delivery
• Understanding and embracing the mission of the community college
• Capability to teach in more than one discipline
• Possessing the energy and persistence to motivate and support others to pursue the larger goal
• Being skilled in building strategic alliances both with in and across disciplines, and within and outside the College
To be determined based on business unit need. Classes may be offered during the day, evening and/or weekend. Please indicate your availability when applying for this position.
This is a part-time (adjunct) faculty position. Part-time faculty are compensated at a rate of $835 per Equated Semester Unit (i.e., approximately $2505 for a 3 credit hour course).
Adjunct faculty positions are ongoing pooled positions. Therefore, your materials will remain on file and be reviewed on an as needed basis for adjunct faculty positions throughout the academic year 2015-2016 (Fall, Spring and Summer Semester).
In the event you are called for an interview, please have copies/unofficial or official transcripts for the required degree and 2 professional letters of reference available to bring with you at the time of interview.
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.