Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/17/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
• Manage and expand all homeland security, law enforcement and related programs.
• Directs law enforcement academy programs including police, security, corrections, bailiff, agility and private security.
• Leads and manages Directors and Program Managers of the Police Academy including basic and advanced academies
• Develops and advances homeland security initiatives and programs.
• Develops and oversees the Academy’s Advisory Board.
• Cultivates and maintains positive working relationships and collaborations internally with the credit and noncredit instructional areas and externally with funding agencies, community and business leaders, and key federal, state and local agencies and institutions. Interprets and develops information to support the transformation of data into information
• Measures program outcomes, analyzes results and implements program improvements/enhancements.
• Prepares and manages the annual budget and seeks funding sources to support facilities and programming.
• Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/TRAINING
• Master’s degree
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in law enforcement, homeland security or a related field.
• Demonstrated experience in first responder training and education
• Demonstrated knowledge of current law enforcement practices and procedures
• Demonstrated knowledge of current homeland security laws, programs and practices
• Demonstrated understanding and experience in proactive security risk management
• Demonstrated experience in grant writing and management
• Demonstrated experience in program development and contract training
• Demonstrated experience in course development and management
• Demonstrated management and supervisory experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Demonstrated advanced Project Management skills and report preparation
• Possess strong organizational, time-management skills, and is results-oriented
• Possess strong commitment to providing excellent customer service
• Ability to work effectively in a dynamic and changing work environment requiring flexibility and teamwork
• Demonstrated ability to develop, foster and cultivate relationships, create opportunities and solve problems
• Possess excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Possess advanced budget management skills
• Ability to collaborate, persuade, gain cooperation and acceptance of ideas on significant projects
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key contacts to enhance work flow and quality
• Ability to meet or exceed identified revenue forecasts
• Demonstrated advanced proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Sensitivity to appropriately respond to the needs of a diverse population
• Continuous Improvement / Innovation
• Results Focus
• Quality of Work
VERY IMPORTANT COMPETENCIES
• Collaboration / Inclusion
• Flexibility / Adaptability
• Customer Service
• Servant Leadership
• Time Utilization / Organization
Certified State of Ohio OPOTA Instructor
Previous program development experience
Standard college hours 8:30 – 5:00
Must be willing to travel to multiple locations and work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.