Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/20/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Under administrative direction of the Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Dean of School of Education directs the overall operations of the School of Education, including academic curriculum development and instruction.
In addition the dean performs the following duties:
- Plans, coordinates, organizes & manages a major academic
school of the university and serves as an official member of the Vice President's Academic Affairs Council.
- Cultivates external relations and fundraising opportunities with public and private sectors in support of the University's programs as well as writes grant proposals.
- Fosters teaching excellence, curriculum development, engaged learning, and assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Participates in faculty hiring, retention, tenure, and promotion processes.
- Advocates for the faculty and staff of the school while meeting responsibilities as an administrator within the university.
- Oversees and maintains the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Standards and Priorities.
- Keeps abreast of, and maintains, state-of-the-art management and educational administration techniques & procedures.
- Ensures the allocation of human and fiscal resources in accordance with needs and within authorized limits.
- Prepares final work programs and budgets for submission to the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Approves expenditures by departments in the areas of personnel, travel, current expenses, and capital.
- Establishes and maintains open channels of communication by ensuring the regular meeting of department chairs, faculty, and advisory committees within the division.
- Initiates and maintains cooperative relationships with local education agencies, other state and federal agencies, civic and professional organizations, and businesses as appropriate.
- Prepares and reviews reports, evaluations, and other related materials for accrediting bodies and actively seeks accreditation when appropriate.
- Approves class schedules in coordination with other deans.
- Develops programs of continuing education in coordination with other administrators.
- Promotes an environment that establishes strong collaboration and communication between faculty, staff, and students.
- Provides an environment supportive of the student internship program.
- Authorizes the employment of, and recommends the appointment of, faculty and professional/administrative staff to the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Recommends to the Vice President of Academic Affairs the assignment of faculty and staff to university wide committees.
- Provides for a regular program of faculty and staff performance evaluation in accordance with university standards and policy.
- Facilitates the certification of faculty as appropriate.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.