Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/14/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Under minimal supervision, oversees all aspects of the ENT Pediatric Division’s Academic Administrative Office and oversees the Pediatric Surgery Scheduling functions. Assists the physician Division Director in all aspects of clinical business, as well as coordinating academic functions under the guidance of the Director. Effectively services the all pediatric division Physicians and Nurse Practioners.
• Knowledge of supervisory and human resource functions
• Knowledge of medical/scientific/billing terminology
• Proficient in CPT and ICD coding
• Ability to operate multiple programs including IDX, Epic, insurance portals, etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively and professionally interact with patients on a daily basis including addressing patient complaints, dealing with difficult patients
• Ability to compose correspondence, apply policies and maintain organized files
• Ability to effectively utilize office technology, including maintaining Excel worksheets
• Proven ability to multi-task, operate independently and assume a high level of responsibility and confidentiality
• Effectively work within multiple sets of guidelines established by both St. Louis University and Cardinal Glennon that may have conflicting priorities
• Ability to prioritize work, understanding both the clinical demands as well as the academic requirements of the office
Education and experience equivalent to high school diploma, supplemented with 2-3 years administrative/medical coordination experience including a minimum of one year of medical and billing terminology. Prior work experience in an independent medical office environment setting. This is a high volume, extremely busy practice in which stressful situations may occur.
Manages daily operations of the office including providing receptionist coverage, monitoring office supply inventory, answering phones, filing correspondence, responding to patient and faculty requests, handling mail, etc.
Supervise and provide coverage for surgery scheduling staff including processing time off requests and payroll entry.
Coordinates all pediatric surgical cases through direct patient contact. Manages OR block time and acts as liaison with Cardinal Glennon Children’s Medical Center in the areas of utilization of OR block, precert management and OR scheduling. May coordinate appointments, surgeries, procedures. Works directly with patients and CG/SLUCare PRRs to coordinate payment of any self-pay fees. Covers all surgery scheduling duties as needed.
Prepares and monitors billing tickets to ensure that all tickets are received and completed. This includes the St. Anthony’s clinic, CG clinic and all surgical cases.
Provide full administrative support for all pediatric division providers including maintaining faculty calendars, time change request notifications, coordinates meetings including quarterly division meeting agendas and minutes. Ensures that physician Time Study forms are completed and submitted timely.
May assist and/or oversee cochlear and BAHA surgical caseload in coordination with the Department’s Otology Coordinator.
Performs all responsibilities related to ENT Department master scheduling functions in IDX. Verifies changes against Weekly Updates. Notifies all parties of changes and affects.
Assists Billing Supervisor in all billing entry functions as needed. Keeps up to date on all billing compliance updates.
All other duties as assigned.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.