Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/11/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Human Resources Department is seeking a talented individual to fill the position of HR Specialist.
Comprised of two colleges, West Valley College and Mission College, we are located in the heart of Silicon Valley. Our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate our two colleges for our friendly staff and supportive atmosphere.
Under direction of an assigned supervisor, perform technical and specialized duties in human resources areas such as recruitment, selection, examination, employment, labor relations, employee records processing and employee benefits for District faculty, staff and work study positions.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 40 hours per week, 12 months per year, with an anticipated start date of December 9, 2015. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is a member of the Confidential Employee Unit.
Work Location: West Valley-Mission Community College District, located on the campus of West Valley College, Saratoga, CA
PLEASE NOTE :
We have begun a district-wide classification study of all regular, non-faculty staff positions. A classification study is a process of studying, analyzing, and describing the nature and level of work performed by employees. This classification study will ultimately produce uniform job descriptions for every employee.
The classification study will also include a compensation study that will provide information on what other employers pay employees who are performing similar duties. The District will use this information to ensure that our employees are adequately compensated.
The classification study started in November 2014 and is expected to take approximately 12 months to complete. As a result of this study, it is possible for the job description and/or compensation to change in this position opening.
Salary and Benefits:
• Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,928–$5,383 monthly (Confidential Employee Salary Schedule, Range 43, Steps A-C).
• Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse and dependents.
• Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
• Voluntary life insurance.
• 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
• 22 days vacation leave accrued annually.
• 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
• Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
• Educational growth incentive program from $40 to $200 monthly.
• $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
• CalPERS retirement.
Any combination equivalent to:
1. Education – A four year degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in human resource management, business administration or related field;
2. Experience – One year of increasingly responsible experience in recruitment, employment, benefits administration or other human resource function;
3. Demonstrated ability to effectively work with persons of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty of the position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions required for the position.
• Prepare, review and process information related to the recruitment of faculty and staff positions; advertise in appropriate scientific, professional and technical journals and publications.
• Screen and evaluate applications and forward to appropriate selection authority; review and approve screening criteria, interview questions and selection committee members; administer and proctor written and psychological tests and work simulation examinations.
• Conduct new employee orientation for various employee groups including faculty, classified staff and work study students; provide information and assistance regarding employment, payroll and benefits issues.
• Prepare and maintain comprehensive personnel records related to assigned areas of responsibility; enter and update computer records and maintain manual files according to established procedures and retention policies.
• Provide technical information to employees, supervisors and administrators; research and resolve complex problems and issues; analyze, interpret and apply policies and technical documents; respond to questions and verify information.
• Prepare, verify and process a variety of forms, contracts and other documents related to employment, payroll, worker’s compensation, benefits, retirement, vacation and sick leave balances and other human resources functions; assure the timely preparation and distribution of insurance premiums and COBRA payments.
• Administer and maintain assigned human resources programs; prepare narrative and statistical reports and summaries related to assigned functions and activities.
• Operate computer terminals, microcomputers, peripheral equipment, copier, calculator, facsimile and other office machines; utilize word processing, spreadsheet and other software.
• Provide technical support regarding assigned functions during the collective bargaining process; prepare projections, summaries and other data as required.
• Communicate with representatives from State agencies, community organizations, other educational institutions, employee benefit providers, lending institutions and others to exchange and verify information.
• Conduct workshops and oral presentations.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: http://apptrkr.com/687656
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741–2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.