Detailed Job Description
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and liberal arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary’s offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary’s reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and liberal arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
This position is comprised of two major functions, specifically, (1) Recruitment/Admissions for the SSTE Program; and (2) Field Experience Placement.
This position is responsible for: Organizing and implementing program-specific and unit-wide recruitment activities to support student enrollment growth in the SSTE Program; Arranging supervised teaching placements in partnership school sites for SSTE credential candidates.
1. Arrange supervised teaching placements with public school districts/sites including recruitment of master teachers, supervisors, etc.
Provide evaluative feedback/support to candidates, master teachers, and supervisors regarding performance related issues.
2. Conduct informal/formal admissions interviews with prospective SSTE applicants. Also design/carry-out follow-up activities (e.g., e-mail, telephone, schedule appointments, etc.)
3. Recruitment/Admissions Interview Process:Work collaboratively with the Program Director, Director of Recruitment/Outreach, and other team members in planning/implementing annual recruitment campaigns for SSTE Program.
4. Plan and conduct training for supervisors and other relevant stake holders. Collect, maintain, and analyze all related evaluations (i.e., candidates, teachers, and supervisors)
5. Consult/collaborate with Assistant Dean, Program Director, and faculty in migration of student teaching documentation to online data management system, TaskStream.
6. Update Handbooks for Field Experience/College Supervisors
Experience and Qualifications:
- At least 5 years of public school teaching experience
- Must have experience as a teacher in secondary schools
- Teaching Credential
- Masters Degree in education or closely related field
- Evidence of successful work with adult learners
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the candidate's student teaching assignment
- Experience in fieldwork placements at local secondary schools
- Knowledge of state requirements for single subject credential candidates and pre-service preparation is required
- Commitment to the development of partnerships with diverse schools with low API scores
- Knowledge of the PACT process and a willingness to contribute as needed
- Knowledgeable about state and program requirements
- Must have knowledge of CTC credential requirements
- Able to work with program and state requirements within the public school system
- Able to work with a range of people: college supervisors, field supervisors, student teachers, faculty, Deans, Program Assistant and Program Director
- A recognition of and appreciation for the work of our college supervisors (mostly retired public school teachers/administrators)
Depends on Qualifications
Application Instructions: Please apply on-line at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu. Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College. A complete application includes: A letter of interest and how you are prepared to support the Mission of the College A resume and an on-line application The name and contact information for three (3) professional references. Candidates who submit names of references should expect that references will be contacted, in confidence, by the College and that credentials will be confirmed prior to hire. Candidates who become finalists will be expected to sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry. Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.