Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/29/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Dual Enrollment Coordinator will be responsible for marketing, outreach to Colorado community colleges and high schools, student advising, tracking students, and collecting data to analyze outcomes from the dual enrollment pathway. The position will take the lead in coordinating the dual enrollment program with all community college partners, which include advisors, financial aid departments, and the Nursing Department, to ensure consistent and effective implementation of the program.
This is a grant funded position. Funding is secured through July 31, 2017.
(10%) Assist in arranging dual enrollment meetings between community college representatives and attend meetings to give updates and refine program implementation.
(15%) Develop and provide marketing materials (brochures, websites, handouts, etc.) to prospective dual enrollment students, parents, teachers, counselors and administrators .
(25%)Coordinate, prepare, and conduct student advising sessions (group and individual) and maintain confidential student files and document all advising sessions.
(25%) Conduct information sessions and participate in outreach and marketing events.
(20%) Ensure compliance with grant guidelines, monitor grant budgets, maintain required documentation, and assist with grant reporting.
(5%) Assist with department administrative duties including application processing, student orientations, etc.The Dual Enrollment Coordinator will work closely with the Department Chair, nursing faculty and staff, and other University departments. Additionally, the position will work with a diverse population of prospective and current students.
The position requires the ability to be self-motivated, efficient, organized, and to possess strong multi-tasking skills. In order to accomplish all tasks, it will require overnight travel to community colleges and events to market the dual enrollment pathway. This position also will call for a flexible schedule including nights and weekends to attend marketing events held at locations including community colleges and health care facilities to promote the dual enrollment pathway.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer.
• Bachelor’s degree and one year of admissions counseling or academic advising experience.
• At least two years of experience using Microsoft Office Suite ( Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook)
• This position will require overnight travel to community colleges and events to market the dual enrollment pathway.
• This position will call for a flexible schedule including nights and weekends to attend marketing events held at locations including community colleges and health care facilities to promote the dual enrollment pathway.
• Three years of experience as an academic advisor or admissions counselor.
• Previous experience in marketing, nursing, or health care.
• Experience or knowledge of complying with grant requirements such as maintaining documentation, reporting program goals and achievement, and budget/purchasing according to grant funding requirements
• Previous experience collecting data and conducting data analysis.
• The University is particularly interested in applicants who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
Please note: References refers to a list of the names and contact information for three professional references.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.