Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/26/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The position provides clinical office support in both the front office (greet patients, schedule appointment, check-in/out functions, test scheduling and obtain pre-certs/referrals) and the back office (room patients, perform vitals, assist with patient exam and/or procedures, test scheduling and obtain pre-certification).
• Knowledge of medical terminology and procedures
• Knowledge of insurance plans and referral procedures
• Knowledge of medical office practices and procedures
• Interpersonal /human relation skills
• Ability to operate various office practices and procedures
• Ability to operate personal computer and various software programs
• Ability to respond to questions in a tactful and professional manner
• Ability to organize/prioritize duties
• Ability to work with constant interruptions
• Ability to maintain records and files
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
High school diploma or equivalent, in addition to graduation from a recognized Medical Assistant Program; supplemented with one (1) year previous medical experience (an externship at SLU may be substituted for one year experience); current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. Current certification or registration as a medical assistant is preferred
Rooms patients and obtains vital signs; assists with procedures; documents in the electronic health record; gives injections, draws blood, collects urine and performs point of care testing; inspects exam rooms for cleanliness and restock supplies, maintains sample medication closet; order medications, injectables and other medical supplies.
Performs check-in and check-out functions; collects and posts co-pays; schedules appointments; obtains or provides referrals for specialty visits; researches and resolves referral issues; verifies insurance benefits; monitors and works Epic referral queue/in-basket; prepares correspondence.
Schedules surgeries and/or tests; obtains authorization/pre-certification.
Greets patients, answers and screens phones for the most effective patient care
Performs other duties as assigned
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.