Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/1/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the teaching mission of the Chemistry Department and must teach a minimum of one course each year. The responsibilities include departmental administration, academic advising, and service to the School, University, and community. The Department Chair will work closely in a collegial fashion with the Chemistry faculty, and will represent the Department to the School of Letters, Arts & Sciences, the University administrative officers, and the community.
A successful candidate must have:
• An energetic and creative vision of a chemistry department, so as to move MSU Denver’s Chemistry Department to preeminence
• A proven commitment to excellence in education • Experience with diverse urban commuter student populations
• Ability to support and promote an undergraduate research program
• Ability to work with teacher licensure requirements
• Ability to mentor tenure-track faculty
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience in the area of recruiting, retaining, and graduating students of color/underserved populations, and diverse student populations
• Experience in program and curriculum development to ensure that graduates of the department are able to enter the work force, gain entrance to graduate schools of chemistry and engineering, or advance to schools of medicine
• Demonstrative leadership experience working in educational programs for diverse student populations, e.g. STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics programs)
• Experience managing staff such as laboratory managers, laboratory supervisors, department administrative assistants or program administrators
• Experience dealing with grant acquisition and administration
• Experience with hiring and rating of departmental personnel
Doctorate in Chemistry, and at least two years of proven administrative success at the program or departmental level. Applicants must meet the requirements for tenure at the rank of professor in the Department of Chemistry.
• Recruitment and retention of students of color
• Working with students of color
• American Chemical Society certification of Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degree programs in chemistry
• Criminalistics programs
• Working with programs that act as service entities to other science departments and teacher education licensure programs
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
In order for your file to be considered complete you must submit: (I) a cover letter, (II) curriculum vitae, (III) copies of transcripts, (IV) documents containing a one to two page statement of teaching philosophy, a one to two page summary of envisioned undergraduate research programs, and a one to two page summary of envisioned management of a chemistry department with a diverse faculty and student populations, and (V) three letters of recommendation must be filed electronically or received by our office for your application to be considered for review.
If you are unable to attach copies of transcripts at times of application please submit to:
Dr. Wilton Flemon, Dept. of Chemistry, Campus Box 52, P.O. Box 173362, Denver Colorado 80217; firstname.lastname@example.org.; FAX 303-556-5399
In addition please submit all letters of recommendation to the above.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.