Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/28/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Assist in the day-to-day management for all faculty, administrator and classified benefit programs, including processing of changes for two open enrollment periods for separate employee groups.
Responsibilities include communicating benefits information to faculty, administrators and classified employees through written and oral presentation; assists in the conducting of new hire orientation for all benefits eligible faculty, administrators and classified employees; assist in the development and management of benefit programs that are consistent with university goals and that support changes in legislation and/or state employment policies and procedures; statistical reporting of information related to benefits requested by internal and external constituents; managing employee retirement programs, including faculty and exempt staff enrollment in the Four State College Defined Contribution Pension Plan (DCPP), Colorado PERA enrollment for eligible employees, and provide back up on counseling and advising all employees about supplemental retirement plan participation; assist in the management of eligible employee leave designated under the Family and Medical Leave Act consistent with federal, state, and university policies regarding eligible reasons for leave, paid time and disability pay management while employees are on leave, coordinating return to work status with employees on leave and their supervisors; manage exiting employee processes including COBRA eligibility and notification consistent with federal laws and guidelines, conducting exit interviews with terminating employees, and be the back up for advising exiting employees on options for their retirement plans; assist in the management of Worker’s Compensation program consistently within federal and state guidelines, including filing first reports of injury in a timely manner, communicating with Broadspire, injured employees, their supervisors and approved care providers; assist with ADA coordination, including reviewing requests for accommodation, reviewing supporting documentation from the employee’s physician, determining appropriateness of accommodation and providing a response to the employee’s request based on appropriateness of request, precedent, and other guidelines consistent with the ADA, university practices, employee’s ability to complete essential functions of the job and work unit’s ability to support accommodation. Provide back up to data entry for time sheet and leave time entry. Event planning for Wellness fair, Service Award event and other HR events. Develop and send out monthly HR and Wellness newsletters.
• Bachelors degree in business administration, human resources management or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience (one year of education is equal to two years of experience).
• A minimum of one year of experience in a human resources environment performing professional level work.
• Prior experience working in higher education is preferred.
• Experience implementing an employee Benefits program that includes but is not limited to: retirement plans such as Colorado PERA and Pension Plans; FML, COBRA, Workers Compensation and ADA accommodations as appropriate.
• Experience or knowledge of data analysis needed to produce statistical reports.
• Ability to write effectively and grammatically correct to produce newsletters and other alternative communication efforts.
• Knowledge of ADA and the documentation needed to determine appropriate accommodations for employees
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively orally.
• Must have excellent organizational skills.
IMPORTANT: in order to be considered as applicant YOU MUST FILL OUT THE APPLICATION AT https://www.msudenverjobs.com.
Official Transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
Please Note: References refers to a list of names and contact information for three professional references.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.