Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/24/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Dean of Health Sciences Division reports to the Provost and provides leadership, management, and direction to assure that a quality level of teaching and learning, and delivery and scheduling of different course modalities are offered to all degree and non-degree seeking students who enroll in division courses, certificates, and programs.
The qualified candidate should possess visionary qualities of a forward thinking leader in an evolving environment.
• Provides leadership in program growth and strategic planning initiatives;
• Advocates for the students, faculty and staff of the division;
• Is responsible for emerging technologies and corporate partnerships, for assisting in all implementation strategies especially accreditations from state and national bodies, and articulation with other institutions of higher education;
• Is responsible for budget and cost-effective management within the division including labs and support centers;
• Provides leadership in satellites and dual enrollment courses;
• Ensures assessment and delivery of a quality and alternative learning environment that is focused on student success;
• Actively engages in faculty advising and advising of returning students, faculty evaluation and professional development, and effective personnel management of division employees;
• Partners with the Corporate Services and Continuing Education division to sell to business and industry.
• Seeks, develops and manages strategic grants at the local, state, and national level; and
• Establishes partnerships and high-level collaboration with universities, businesses, community and health organizations, and government entities
Master’s degree in a division discipline or related area with a commitment to completing a doctoral degree. Health and science educational background is strongly preferred.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of seven years progressive leadership experience including:
• Higher education leadership as academic dean, department chair or program head at a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
• Work experience as an allied health or nursing professional in a hospital, research or similar setting.
• Documented teaching and leadership experience in a community college.
• Demonstrated expertise in innovative teaching and learning strategies, including the use of technology to enhance learning.
• Experience establishing partnerships and collaborating with universities, businesses, community, health organizations, and government entities.
• Experience in new program development, assessment, accreditation and community outreach
• Knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies in the health industry.
• A commitment to student access and success, diversity, and inclusion.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/gj6h2d3
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.